Update on me & enlarged yolk sac

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Update on me & enlarged yolk sac

Postby Tulip06 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:49 am

Hi Ladies -

Just wanted to give you a quick update on me. Things are going GREAT so far. I have had 4 u/s thus far and the last one was the best. With each u/s I go in & the dr has expected to see fetal death. But my little bean just keeps on fooling them. With the last u/s, my little bean was flipping & rolling around and just being BUSY. I had the NT Scan & everything measured fine. At this last u/s on Friday, the yolk sac had collapsed & measured 3.3. My high risk OB says everything looks great & the baby looks normal so far. He decided to pass on the CVS and would like to avoid amnio if possible. He said we have tried tooo long to do anything to jeopardize this pg. He also stated that he does not feel comfortable doing CVS just b/c I had an enlarged yolk sac. If I had had the large yolk sac and was of advanced maternal age...then yes, he would. But b/c I am just 31 years YOUNG...he decided he did not want to. I go back on 7/20 for my quad screen & 7/29 for level II u/s and to determine the sex. Here is my little bean's picture from Friday. So, don't get discouraged if you find yourself in the same boat as I did. Stacy Brevin has been a HUGE inspiration to me through this. My high risk OB explained to me why the RE had such a poor prognosis & that was b/c in his practice the majority of the patients w/an enlarged yolk sac due experience m/c early on...so that is all he sees. But if you experience this...don't get discouraged. Just be aware of what the risks are and continue to move forward.

----------------
original post: http://www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com/ ... ight=#8025

the baby is here! http://www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com/ ... hp?p=39034
Tulip06
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Tulip06 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:50 am

WOW!!! That was super huge...didn't mean to do that.
Tulip06
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby TJR » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:41 pm

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!! Congrats!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
TJR
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby 4evamyangel » Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:53 pm

WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was HUGE!!!! Thanks for sharing. You will give hope to many of us out there! Congrats to you! God bless!!

Jessica :heart:
Angel 12/15/04- B/O Twin Angels 4/28/05-2 B/O
ELIJAH born 10/14/06 @ 2:09pm 7lbs 6.5oz 20"
SAW Baby- 129BPM- EDD- 11/2/09-Praying still
http://www.babysites.com/sites/stasica/
http://www.dropshots.com/4evamyangel
4evamyangel
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby marley » Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:28 pm

how many weeks are you?
marley
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Lovinmom » Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:45 am

Thank you for sharing with us. I am so happy for the great news! Every baby comes in his or her own cookie cutter fashion. There is another lady here on this site who also had a enlarged yolk sac and her baby was fine. That is why it is so important to test out the diagnosis just incase the doctor is wrong.

Sending you BIG hugs of joy for you and your little one!!!! :cheer:

Lovinmom :heart:
3 angel babies in Christ's loving arms/ one possible misdiagnosis
47 yr. mom to boy twins 5 yrs., dd 18 yr. and 9 yr. Baby Michael Josiah born 6/23/08
This post for educational purpose. For diagnosis, treatment, and advice, consult a doctor.
Lovinmom

Postby Tulip06 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:39 pm

I am 12 wks 4 days
Tulip06
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories