Became pg in the 2nd cycle after mc

If you've had a miscarriage and have a story of hope (i.e. successful pregnancy or any blessing), we'd love to hear it.

Became pg in the 2nd cycle after mc

Postby heartnbutterfly » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:47 pm

Hi everybody,
I just noticed this, so thought I'd post here. I had a missed mc at 11 1/2 weeks in March. I was advised to wait one full cycle to begin ttc again. However, I asked if there was a medical reason for waiting & was told that there wasn't, that it simply makes dating the pg easier if you have a period first. Based on that, the fact that I was charting, & the fact that i was using BBT's, as well as reading a lot of research that shows that it's very easy to become pg right after a mc, my dh & I decided to start ttc again as soon as the bleeding stopped.

I ov'd again much sooner than I expected I would - a little less than 2 weeks later. We didn't conceive in that cycle, but the following month when I ov'd I got my bfp! :)8 I'm currently 26 weeks pg, & due on Valentine's Day with a little girl.

The mc was especially heartbreaking because we'd been ttc for over 5 years & had mostly given up when I finally became pg. I've often suspected that I have PCOS, but it's never been diagnosed. The month that I conceived with my current pg, I was eating pineapple core during the time I thought I was ov, & into the implantation period (it's said to relax the uterus & make implantation easier). I also started baking with buckwheat farinetta, & eating a serving or two every day (it's said to help PCOS women). I'm 43, so I figured that even if I don't have PCOS it couldn't hurt. If it helps those ladies ov more regularly than maybe it would help me too. I guess it worked! :)

Good luck to all of you!
Tracy

heartnbutterfly
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Became pg in the 2nd cycle after mc

Postby babysham » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:48 pm

Hey Tracy, just browsing and seen this.Congrats! How are you and your beautiful bean?
My bedtime soon, but will be sending up a prayer for you and baby. I'm so happy to read this news after so much heartache you've had. God bless and relax and put all in His hands. :H E> :)O
Baby Sienna Lee,'born sleeping' 12/12/05,chemical preg's 3/06,07,missed miscarriage at 10 wks-7/08

I have recieved my miracle! Baby Carmella is such a comfort and joy.
Never give up on the dreams and promises God gives to you.

ImageImage
babysham
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby heartnbutterfly » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:38 pm

Hi,
Thanks for the congrats. I'm now 30 weeks, & unfortunately was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes before Thanksgiving. We were trying to control it with diet alone, but it looks like that's not working. This morning the dietician said that she's going to speak to my midwife about alternatives because although my levels aren't dangerously high, they are consistently above my target. :( I haven't had any further news, so I don't know what the outcome will be. Please keep the prayers coming. I can use them.
Tracy

heartnbutterfly
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby babysham » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:39 pm

You've come this far and this baby is meant to be.I will definitely keep praying and will continue to keep faith with you.I'm sorry about the gestational diabetes.I hope the midwife and medical team give you the best possible care. :)O
Baby Sienna Lee,'born sleeping' 12/12/05,chemical preg's 3/06,07,missed miscarriage at 10 wks-7/08

I have recieved my miracle! Baby Carmella is such a comfort and joy.
Never give up on the dreams and promises God gives to you.

ImageImage
babysham
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to After the Miscarriage - Stories of Hope