Loss of Morning Sickness Week 10

Loss of Morning Sickness Week 10

Postby Hopeful_in_MN » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:40 pm

I had a missed miscarriage this summer, and got pregnant 2.5 months after my D & C in mid-Sept. (with no cycle in between). I had some brown spotting from weeks 6-8, but thankfully that went away. I saw a heartbeat during weeks 6 & 7. My pregnancy symptoms have been breast tenderness/growth and nausea- with vomiting during weeks 8 and 9.

I have been avoiding caffeine during my pregnancy, but had a cup of green tea a few days ago (at 9w6d) after suffering from a headache for three days. My headache went away, but on the afternoon that I drank the tea, my nausea and vomiting went away. It has not returned (today I'm 10w2d). My breasts are still big and tender, and I haven't had any spotting or cramping.

Most of what I've found says a small amount of caffeine is safe, but I can't shake the feeling that the embryo may have died because of the caffeine. My hands were shaking a bit after drinking the tea, so I'm sure there was a good amount of caffeine running through my nervous system. I'm 4'10" and weigh a hundred pounds, so I'm guessing a serving of caffeine may have a bigger impact on me. I have an OB visit on Thursday, but I wanted to get advice from you in the meantime. Are my concerns legit? Should I be worried about my disappearing morning sickness? Thanks.
Hopeful_in_MN
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Mommyto2Angels » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:01 pm

Hi there. I understand your concerns, trust me. Everything I put in my mouth I was worrying about. I didn't even want to take tylenol this time. But, I don't think that one cup of tea would hurt. They do say you can have some caffeine (I believe it's the equivalent to a cup of coffee a day?). Symptoms can come or go your entire pregnancy. And since you have had no cramps or spotting and your bbs are still sore, I think you are ok. Also, I think around 10-12 weeks some people's symptoms disappear. I know it's hard not to worry, but try not to stress too much about it. That can't help. I hope that you get more answers on Thursday. E> Amy
Amy (25) & Steve (27)
Angels: Caelyn (3-16-05) & Joshua (1-10-06)
Destiny Rose born 4-19-07 Praise God!
http://www.babysites.com/sites/childofgod316/
Mommyto2Angels
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby april1979 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:33 pm

I know that it is hard not to worry...I am sure that a cup of tea has not caused any kind of demise. I know from experience that it is hard not to immediately think the worst when you have lost a pregnancy and then are pregnant again. I feel your pain. Try not to let it take control of you. I pray that you get a great next appointment and that it is the reassurance that you need!!! (((HUGS)))
april1979
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Barbiekins » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:51 pm

I drink a cup of tea a day - and then sometimes a coke or something else, depending on the day. My OB says no more than three servings of caffeine a day - coffee, tea, hot chocolate, pop. I try to keep it at one tea a day though. Everything in moderation. I can understand your fear though - I think we've all been through it. And I'm not quite as tiny as you - well, not even close so I'm not sure how it would affect a smaller framed woman....
You see your OB tomorrow? Let us know what he/she says.

Barb
Barb ( 32 ) & Rob ( 29 )
Angel baby - Jan 06 ( 13 weeks )
Amy Brooke born March 1st, 2007
Barbiekins
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

UPDATE

Postby Hopeful_in_MN » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:18 pm

I can't thank you enough for helping to put my mind at ease. I heard the heartbeat today at my OB visit! I still have two weeks and two days left in my first trimester, but I'm going to focus on the positive and look forward to an August arrival. Again, thank you so much for your understanding and words of assurance- I couldn't have made it through this week without you!
Hopeful_in_MN
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to General Anxiety while Pregnant