need advice-fast!

need advice-fast!

Postby Bandango » Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:38 am

Just been to toilet, wiped, and there on the toilet paper, **TMI ALERT**, was the usual brown Ive been having for nearly 3 weeks and some pink/red. It was more like a raspberry colour. Now, Im trying to be sensible about this & not freak out because its sunday, New Years Eve, and there seems to be no one about on the phone. DH saw it and said its probably not worth getting stressed out about but how can I not??

So, what do I do? Ive spoken to the receptionist at the midwifery unit who said (the midwives were all out) just call the surgery & ring the emergency number or go to ER. But even tho Im scared, I can't justify doing that because it was only a small amount. Ive wiped since & there was nothing there. Do you think I should just give it more time? Im going to put my feet up & see what happens I think. Im not in pain, just the usual mild cramps (tho these have increased in frequency the last 2 days). Im in a quandary girls & I need some advice. Im thinking its probably the stretching thats maybe burst a small blood vessel somewhere (hence the mild cramps) but I just don't know. I think the reason Im hesitating calling the doc is because no-one can do anything until tuesday anyway so whats the point?

Ok, so any advice would be great (Im 10wks today).

Thanks

Abbie x
Bandango
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby shelley75 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:11 pm

just take it easy for a couple hours and then check again, if you notice anymore today then go to the E.R. If it was just a little bit one time, you probably don't need to worry (I know easier said than done). And remember, everyday your chances of miscarriage is decreasing :)
me~Shelley-34 DH~ Ashley 30
Madison Paige born 9/12/00
m/c 10/02
Zoe Annelise 02/27/07
Kara Jacqueline 04/18/09
shelley75
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Bandango » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:35 pm

Hi there

Thanks for replying. I did ring the emergency doctor who said roughly the same as you, to put my feet up & if it gets any worse call back. Luckily I've not had any more pink/red but the brown has been heavier today than any other day. I know this sounds gross but it almost resembles tar (brown, not black). Plus Ive gone through 2 pantyliners. Also, the cramping has been there pretty much all day even though Im still not doubling over in pain. Its nowhere near painful enough to take painkillers but it is noticeable (enough for me to worry!).

Im really scared now. Im not sure what to do. The sensible part of me is saying try not to freak out because theres been no more pink/red which is a good thing and the cramps aren't like period pains, more of a pressure sensation with mild stabbing pains thrown in. But the other part of me is screaming 'this is it, you're having a miscarriage'.

What a fab NYE this is gonna be for me!

I'll keep you updated.

Thanks again

Abbie x

BTW-I forgot to say, Im not sure if this in my imagination (Im pretty sure its not) but my bb's don't feel as sore or as big the last 2 days. Can all of this be because of fetal demise do you think?
Bandango
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby shelley75 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:16 pm

I remember having cramp like pains around the 8 to 10 week mark. It honestly seemed that the more I was worried about it the worse it was. It seemed like I didn't notice it as much when I was occupied with something else. I did not have any bleeding though, which would have increased my worries 10 fold I'm sure.
Also, My bb's would hurt off and on; it seemed I was always pinching them to make sure they still hurt lol!! It is normal for them to not be as sensitive sometimes as others.
just keep in mind the blood you are passing is old blood. As long as it doesn't turn bright red, I really think you will be o.k.
I honestly understand how worried you are, I worried myself to tears more than once with this pregnancy, it was especially bad between 16 and 20 weeks when I couldn't feel any fetal movement. I will be thinking of you.
Shelley
me~Shelley-34 DH~ Ashley 30
Madison Paige born 9/12/00
m/c 10/02
Zoe Annelise 02/27/07
Kara Jacqueline 04/18/09
shelley75
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby april1979 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:27 pm

Bandango -

How are you doing???