Posted in Blighted Ovum. Nine weeks u/s shows five weeks

Posted in Blighted Ovum. Nine weeks u/s shows five weeks

Postby Mamaloni » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:38 am

I've been incredibly blessed with three healthy, perfect, textbook pregnancies. After an unexpected late ovulation (2-3 days later or pregnancy wouldn't have occurred), I took a test on day 27. My cycle is usually 25 days. I waited the full time for the test and I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me, it was SO light. It was almost a shadow of a line, seriously. I retested the next day and it was the same. Definitely a line, but it took so long to turn and it was super light. Testing at about the same time, my other pregnancies showed definite positive right away.

On to week 9 and a sonogram at the doctor. She's very concerned because there is a sac, but its what she'd expect at five weeks, not nine. She counseled me to call the office if I start bleeding and ran tests for HCG an progesterone levels. We also scheduled a repeat sono for next Thursday.

Does any of this sound like I could still have a baby? I certainly wasn't expecting to become pregnant, but I was excited from the first minute. My girls, 8, 6, and 2 are thrilled and I know they will be devastated should the worst happen.

Thank you for your time:). God bless you all and Merry Christmas!
Loni
Mamaloni
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to General Anxiety while Pregnant