2 mc, now pregnant & worried

2 mc, now pregnant & worried

Postby Ajlynch80 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:44 pm

I'm a little worried and just wanted to see if this has happened to anyone else. Here is a little of my history:

1st pregnancy: total normal and ended with a c-section ( she was just too big and a week late) with my dd in 10/09

2nd pregnancy ended in mc in 12/11. Started spotting during bowel movements (brown blood) at 6 weeks. Went in for scan at 8 weeks...saw a hb, but baby was only measuring 6 weeks. My hcg levels started falling and went in a week later and there was no hb or growth. Had d&c the following week.

3rd pregnancy I tested at 3 weeks and got a very faint line. My hcg levels were very low and I ended up getting my period a day later than I should. This was considered a chemical pregnancy and this was 8/12.

Now I'm on my 4th just a month later. I should be around 5 weeks. When I tested this time i got a bright pink line before I was even late so I thought this was a good sign. I went and got my levels tested last wed. And they were in the normal range and my progesterone was at 40. I should mention that I am taking progesterone because of my history even though we are not sure if this what has been my issue. Later that day I started to have some light pink spotting that quickly went away. I called the docs office and they said I just have to wait and see where my levels are. I went back Friday to get more levels and also found out I may have the beginning of a uti. I felt a little relief that that may be what the spotting was from. So I began taking antibiotics Saturday but I continued to spot off and on all weekend. Sunday I even had bright red spotting with a bowel movement with a small clot. My blood work came back Monday and my levels more than doubled from 544 to 1296 and my progesterone went up to 44.8 (my doc did put me on a double dose of progesterone because of the spotting).

So my doc isn't too concerned about the spotting since my levels are good and he is waiting to see me next week and do a scan at 6 weeks. I feel like if the uti is the source of the spotting that it would be getting better, not worse since I'm on antibiotics. I also feel like its not progesterone related since I'm on a higher dose and my levels are good. Because of my 2 mc I am of course seeing nothing good about this spotting despite my good levels. Because both of my mc were so different I was hoping they were unrelated.

So I guess my question is have any of you experienced good numbers and spotting with previous mc and what was your outcome?
Ajlynch80
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: 2 mc, now pregnant & worried

Postby keck80 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:53 pm

Hi there! I'm so sorry that you're having to go through this. I have a similar history to you. I had a miscarriage at 11 weeks with my first pregnancy, followed by a chemical pregnancy a year later on what I hoped would be my second pregnancy. I have since had three daughters! My third pregnancy I had bright red spotting at 7 weeks and I freaked out because that is what happened with my miscarriage. I went for an ultrasound and the baby had a strong heartbeat! The tech said that I had a slight separation on one side of my placenta and as a result had a small subchorionic hemorrhage. My OB didn't recommend any kind of bedrest or anything because he said that it didn't tend to change the outcome-it was mostly just for people's peace of mind. I know from reading that some subchorionic hemorrhages are REALLY bad, so I know that I was fortunate to not have a bigger one. I continued to have random red/pink/brown spotting throughout my entire pregnancy and I was induced at 40 weeks! So have hope-it doesn't mean that you are going to miscarry. It put me on edge the entire pregnancy and I hated every second of the spotting, but it CAN be "normal." I hope that all continues to go well for you!
keck80
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Ajlynch80 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:05 pm

Thank you so much for posting! That gave me some relief! After I posted that I stopped spotting for about a week. I then had my 6 week ultrasound and was measuring fine and we even got to see a heartbeat! The doc also said he did not see any blood and my cervix was closed. I have had a little spotting off and on since then...mostly with bowel movements or first thing in the morning when I wipe but nothing like I was. I go back in one week for an 8 week scan to make sure we are making progress. My levels were up to 20k hcg which is good. My progesterone did go down to 34.8 which I know is still in a good range but concerned me a little with the drop but I heard they can fluctuate. Still hoping for the best!
Ajlynch80
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby keck80 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:19 am

That all sounds great! I've read the same thing about progesterone fluctuating. Yay for a heartbeat! I'm praying it all turns out perfectly for you and that the spotting stops altogether. Once you've had a miscarriage you just don't need that kind of stress. Congrats again!
keck80
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to General Anxiety while Pregnant