5 Weeks "Gest"-ultrasound showed sac only -Symptom

5 Weeks "Gest"-ultrasound showed sac only -Symptom

Postby sweetpea2807 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:42 pm

I had my 1st vag. ultrasound on 10/22 - I was 5 weeks "gest", my sac measured at 7mm. There was no baby inside, Dr. said it is normal this early. I have another apt on 11/5/09. Dr. asked if I had breast tenderness, I said a little. This has been the case the entire time, I really dont have much tenderness unless i pushed down on my nipple area. Today I hardly have any. I have been PG once before however had a MC at 5weeks (4.5 weeks gest). When I was PG I had major breast tenderness/sore. I am not having many symptoms, do have lots of cramping off & on, tired, and I use the restroom often and thats about it. My dr. never had me get blood work, I am wondering if that is normal? Im thinking that if 11/5 apt dosent show a baby, that they may. So I have no numbers to compare my HCG levels. I am freaking out! I was doing fine, then it just hit me when my breast arent even tender that this may not happen, I may MC. I said might a well give up now & have a glass of wine...i feel so frustrated. I have no spotting, which is the only thing that gives me some hope...i just dont know how to let go of this anxiousness and try & enjoy this time....last PG I did not have time to...now I am worried that if I do have a MC will I be able survive the sorrow. I know many feel this way...just dont know how to stop being so anxious.
sweetpea2807
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Bandango » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:06 am

Sweetpea

I'm sorry you're going through this, I know its not easy.

Your pregnancy sounds completely normal to me. Not many women have symptoms to speak of at 5 weeks, many women don't even know they're pregnant so that is nothing to worry about. They will come in time if the pregnancy is viable.

Also your dr is correct, not seeing a baby at 5 weeks on an ultrasound is again, completely normal. I had a scan at 5 wks with my son & all that was seen was a tiny yolk sac. You have plenty of time for this to develop into a normal pregnancy. No spotting is a good thing and cramping, as long as its mild is also a good sign. I definitely had a lot of that this time round.

Anyway, I hope I've eased your fears somewhat, don't let anyone pressure you into anything until you know in your heart its over but it sounds to me like it could turn out just fine.

Oh, & one little glass of wine won't hurt ;)

Abbie x
Me (31) DH (35)
2 x losses May 06 & Jan 07
DS 11/19/07
DS 04/10/10
Bandango
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby aisha » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:26 pm

I am pretty much like you. Not much symptoms. My last 2 pregnancies, I was so sick. This PG, I am having on & off abdominal cramps with vaginal discharge. Doc did a swab just in case if there is any infection, result comes out tomorrow. Well, I had a scan at 5w, showed only gest. sac, no FP, no YS.The doc had told me that if the scan shows nothing at this age, it is very normal as the pregnancy is still early.
After 10 days, had another scan, still empty sac but the sac has grown to 6w2d. Having frequent scan due to abdominal pain.
Since my sac had grown to 6w2d, heart not in peace, had a 2nd opinion and scanned the following day...there i saw my little bean with flickering heart!!. She was hiding in the scan although my uterus is completely in a normal shape. Surprised!!

So, dont worry yet. Enjoy and have fun as long as you can. Usually the sickness will kick in at around 6w or might not. Don't give up. Stay strong.

Keep us updated.
aisha
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby aisha » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:31 pm

Opps sorry, this post was posted quite long time ago..didnt notice the date :) . How r u doing now? How r things go?? Hope everything is alrite. Would appreciate for any update.
aisha
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to General Anxiety while Pregnant