slow heart rate, should I be worried?

slow heart rate, should I be worried?

Postby rlinn001 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:33 pm

Hi everyone,

This is my third pregnancy, but hopefully will be my first live birth. My previous 2 pregnancies both ended as blighted ovums, one at 7 weeks and one at 10 weeks. I went in for my initial prenatal visit at around 6 weeks 3 days. We saw an embryo measuring 6 weeks 1 day with what my doctor said was a slow heartbeat. He didn't seem concerned at all, and in all honesty I was so shocked and happy to see a heartbeat I didn't think too much of it at the time. However, I'm now 8 weeks 4 days and have gradually lost a lot of pregnancy symptoms (not much nausea left, less tired, breasts are not as sore, constipation has cleared up). So of course now I'm worried that I've had a missed miscarriage, and when I did some research on slow heart rates everything states that that is a really bad thing and will mostly likely end in miscarriage.

Now, my doctor did not say what the heart rate was, and was unconcerned because it was so early in the pregnancy. I have my next appointment in 2 weeks; I've had no cramping or bleeding, but can't shake the feeling that something is wrong. Am I being overly anxious because of my history? Is there anyone else who has had a slow heart rate at 6 weeks and gone on to have a perfectly normal pregnancy/baby? What do you guys think?

Thanks for the help and assurance!
rlinn001
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: slow heart rate, should I be worried?

Postby sarahc9606 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:12 pm

I'm sorry that you're worried. The baby is probably fine but I learned in my situation that I was my baby's best advocate. If something feels wrong, make an appointment. If nothing else, it will decrease your stress! Good luck to you!
sarahc9606
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby rlinn001 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:56 am

Well...I guess I should have been worried. I went for my follow up ultrasound yesterday, and while the gestational sac had grown the baby had not developed past 6 weeks and had no heartbeat. D&C scheduled for tomorrow. After 3 blighted ovums and 1 missed miscarriage with no live births I think I am done, at least with my own eggs. I might consider donor egg IVF in the future if I can ever get enough money to do it.
rlinn001
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby kammi99 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:00 pm

I had a similar problem, but after making further medical examinations it turned out that everything is ok.
plus size mannequins
kammi99
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to General Anxiety while Pregnant