Possible miscarriage?...

Find support from other moms who have been there and other moms who are also waiting.

Possible miscarriage?...

Postby gleaux » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:33 pm

Hi everyone.. I'm about 8.5 weeks pregnant. At 8 weeks and 2 days I went in for my first ultrasound. This was the same OBGYN group as my first visit, just not my same doctor or office. They began with abdominal ultrasound, found nothing. Transvaginal and only an empty sac the tech said. It did look like an empty sac to me as well. She says maybe my baby is growing late, late bloomers occur.

By this point I'm in tears. Wait about 30+ minutes to see the doctor. He walks in and says "judging by your face I know you already know. The sac is empty you'll be bleeding soon. You have the option of pill, natural (but who wants to bleed at home, he says), or D&C). My secretary will call you later to schedule." Thats it. He walks out. I run crying out of the office. My mom and sister were in the waiting room and my SO was there the entire time.

My question is, I've had no symptoms of a miscarriage. I know its possible without them. But how do I go from "textbook pregnancy" according to my actual doctor to this. At 8 weeks most doctors may not even do an ultrasound. I never ever bled except the expected pink or brown looking discharge and never dark pink. Literally after my transvaginal ultrasound I bled a small tiny clot. Smaller than my pinky nail. Other than that I've never bled or been in painful cramps. I just want hope. I already cried it out, I have nothing to lose. I have an appointment with my actual doctor and office tomorrow. Please tell me to shut up and stop being overly positive if bleeding that one time is enough. I just dont see how he can say all of this when they havent even tracked my HCG levels except when I asked after I was at the hospital for an ovarian cyst.

*Also, I'm 24 years old with no previous history of anything other than ovarian cysts and a doctor told me years ago that either my pelvis or uterus were tilted. Years ago when I was a teenager getting checked for ovarian cysts. Ectopic was ruled out.
gleaux
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Possible miscarriage?...

Postby Kay » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:08 pm

the best thing you can do is find out the measurement of the gestational sac. If the sac is over 25mm, you likely have your answer but I'd definitely have an ultrasound before the D&C. If your sac is smaller and there are no complications, you can wait a week to make sure the sac grew.

(((hugs)))
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Miscarriage (?) Support