Trying to hang on to hope...

Find support from other moms who have been there and other moms who are also waiting.

Trying to hang on to hope...

Postby cfvm » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:24 pm

Here's a weird one for you all-

Based on my LMP I was 7w2d at my first vaginal scan. There was a sac, fetal pole measuring what she told me was 6w1d and a heartbeat. The doctor was rushing so I didn't find out what the heart rate was. The office scheduled me for a followup appointment for the next week, which I thought was weird. The doctor was confused too when I showed up one week later but since I was there did a another scan. Again the measurement was 6w1d, so no growth. The doctor didn't mention heart beat and the whole thing was over so quickly I didn't get to ask. I had to email later to ask- she did see a heart beat but it was slower than the week before. She ordered blood work. I've taken 2 of the 3 blood tests this week. Doc sent an email to say my numbers didn't increase and schedule a phone consult. I had to write her back to get the numbers First draw was 51300 hcg, second went down to 49600 hcg.
Needless to say, I'm really worried and freaked out.

This forum has given me some hope that maybe it's just too early to tell and that whatever she says next week I'm not having a d&c . Thank you all for being here.
cfvm
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Trying to hang on to hope...

Postby Kay » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:18 pm

Hang in there. Did she do her own ultrasound? We've found doctors that do their own ultrasounds often seem to make more mistake. I don't know what will happen but stay monitored and please keep us updated.
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Re: Trying to hang on to hope...

Postby cfvm » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:08 pm

Hi Kay,
Yes, the doctor did both ultra sounds and didn't spend much time at all, maybe 5 minutes. Thank you for your well wishes. I'll definitely be back to post an update.
cfvm
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Miscarriage (?) Support