5 wk ultra sound "no pregnancy in uterus"

Find support from other moms who have been there and other moms who are also waiting.

5 wk ultra sound "no pregnancy in uterus"

Postby jessicabub » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:40 pm

I was exactly 5 weeks, according to my LMP. I had started spotting and went to the doctor who gave me an ultrasound and said there was no pregnancy found in the uterus. My HCG levels were 160 at that point. I'm confused. What does that even mean? How could I have higher levels of hcg if there was no baby? I've read that once implantation occurs is when the HCG produces, right? So how could there be HCG with no baby? They did say there was a "questionable area" on my left uterus which they thought might be ectopic, but I never had any pain on that side, and I ended up miscarrying everything naturally and 5 days after I started bleeding my HCG was back down to 0. I was too in shock to ask questions at the time but now I'm wondering - what happened? Anyone have any ideas?
jessicabub
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: 5 wk ultra sound "no pregnancy in uterus"

Postby Alewife » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:58 pm

This sounds somewhat similar to my story. I went in at 5w 6d and they could only find a dark spot in my uterus. hCG was 299, and didn't change much over two days. It has inky slightly lowered so now I have to get a 4th level to hopefully rule out ectopic. Praying it goes down...

I'm very sorry for your loss.
Alewife
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Miscarriage (?) Support