First U/S at 7 weeks, doesnt look good...

Find support from other moms who have been there and other moms who are also waiting.

First U/S at 7 weeks, doesnt look good...

Postby AshB524 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:32 pm

We went in on Monday for our 1st u/s with this pregnancy hoping it would turn out better than our other experiences thus far. The tech took measurements but I immediately knew she hadn't seen what she needed to. I saw her measure three round circles which I assumed to be gestational sacs. One was slightly larger than the other two. None of them had anything inside of them. After some more measuring she said "okay your doctor will explain the u/s to you when you go back and meet with her". I started crying right after she left and told my husband it wasn't good. He asked if I was sure, he said he knew this looked different than previous times. When we went back into the room, my doctor explained she thinks that my body had tried to have a triplet pregnancy and it was not progressing properly. She didn't know why, and that she was sorry we were going through this again. She took the time to answer any questions I came up with between bursts of tears. She said I didnt need to have a D&C yet, and that she would get an HCG on me to see where we were. That level came back at about 15K. She had been back in Weds for more HCG levels, which I found out today only were about 16,700. She said my levels seemed to be plateauing and that we would do it naturally as it would be unnecessary to do a procedure my body knows how to do. I don't know what to think, hopefully someone can give me some advice/experience. :*(
AshB524
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: First U/S at 7 weeks, doesnt look good...

Postby Meli9282 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:15 pm

I have a similar story. Friday was my first appointment and they could not see or hear a heart beat. I had to wait not knowing to get another ultrasound on Monday. It is torture waiting and I know now why people do not tell others until second trimester. I do not have a good feeling since I am fairly sure when we conceived since I was using an ovulation kit.
Meli9282
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Miscarriage (?) Support