Miscarriage Diagnosed 8wks Ago- No symptoms

Find support from other moms who have been there and other moms who are also waiting.

Miscarriage Diagnosed 8wks Ago- No symptoms

Postby jannad13 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:35 pm

Just wanted to see if any of you have experienced this and what the outcome was. I went in for my first us at 7w1d and they found the fetus to measure around 6w5d with no heartbeat and was informed of a suspected missed miscarriage. Went again the next week and it then measured 6w2d and the sac was no longer nicely uniform. I don't remember how they put it, but it looked to me as though it had just lost its structure. They confirmed the missed miscarriage and I chose to wait to miscarry naturally. I stopped progesterone at that time (This was after IVF.) A few days later morning sickness went away. I had developed OHSS and that went away, too, so I would have assumed I would miscarry soon. I am now at 15 weeks, so the fetus stopped growing 8 weeks ago. I have never had the first sign of miscarriage. No spotting at all. I have had some cramping here and there over the last 8 weeks, but nothing horrible or long lasting. Has anyone else experienced this long wait with lack of symptoms? How long did it take you to finally start to miscarry or did you end up doing a D&C?
jannad13
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Miscarriage Diagnosed 8wks Ago- No symptoms

Postby Kay » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:54 am

Oh my goodness, you really need to be seen again. I can't believe they have not been monitoring you. Please, find another doctor and be seen right away. (((hugs)))
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Miscarriage (?) Support