Has Anyone Had a Hysterosalpingogram? (blocked tube test)

Have questions about testing or want to share your results?

Has Anyone Had a Hysterosalpingogram? (blocked tube test)

Postby iwanttobeamom77 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:58 pm

I had an ectopic pregnancy and had to have emergency surgery two weeks ago to remove it. I was pregnant with twins; one in my uterus that I miscarried naturally in December and one in my tube that I had to have removed on Jan 4th. (It's really rare but it was confirmed with ultrasounds). They also removed my right ovary and right fallopian tube because the tube was wrapped around my ovary. UGH.

My doctor wants to do a test in a few months called a Hysterosalpingogram to see if my other tube is blocked as a result of all the inflamation from the internal bleeding that I had.

I had no risk factors in the first place to have an ectopic pregnancy (I don't smoke, never had an std, no pelvic inflamatory disease, I'm under 35 etc) I did however throw my back out 3 days after I conceived. It was so bad I couldn't stand/walk etc and ended up in the ER. I have a feeling my body spazaming contributed to this. I know it's a crazy theory but I just have this wierd feeling.

Has anyone had a Hysterosalpingogram done? Any words of wisdom?
iwanttobeamom77
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby JenS » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:21 pm

I had one done. Honestly it is only uncomfortable if there is a blockage. You may have some cramping, similar to AF, but a few ibuprophen are all you'd need.

It's pretty simple.
Me: 33; DH: 34; DD: 5
3 First Trimester MC's

JenS
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Has Anyone Had a Hysterosalpingogram? (blocked tube test)

Postby ChinaCat » Mon May 09, 2016 11:07 pm

I had one done, did not show a blockage, but it was painful, I will not lie. It felt like I was going to lose control of my bowel right on the table too. But that didn't happen. And the procedure only lasts about 60 seconds, then the pain is over. And I conceived the first ovulation after the test, too. It happens OFTEN. There are several factors at play. 1- If your tubes are not really blocked, but crudded up with mucus and old cell debris, it will clear that out, and 2- the iodine in the contrast dye can flush out any bacteria that may be causing a problem. Some women have a low level infection and never know it, not necessarily an std, but bacteria that get from outside to in over time.
ChinaCat
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Testing after a Loss