I am lost about what is happening?

I am lost about what is happening?

Postby vnsslfm » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:05 pm

I am new to all this, so I hope that I am doing this correct! I need a little insight from anybody who might have any? Here goes---

I found out I was pregnant at the end of August much to our shock due to irregular periods. I started spotting while waiting for an appointment on 9/11/07 very scant and did not concern me since that happened with my daughter once before. On 9-13-07 it started again, but cleared within 5 minutes and only when I wiped. That weekend I had more bleeding and horrible pain. I feared an Ectopic and went to the ER they of course said my Hcg was within normal range, but the U/s showed nothing. He recommended to go to the dr Monday morning. I did, and my HCG had almost doubled within 48 hrs. The doc saw the baby heartbeat and all at 6wks 1day. I was told to start progesterone for the bleeding, and they would have blood work back the next day. Well the Progesterone was 11.5 and she changed my dosage to 200mg progesterone, I did well for about 3 weeks. Had another ultrasound at 8 weeks and showed everything was fine HR of 173 etc. This past weekend had an acute bleed and went to ER and was told I have Sub chronic bleed. HCG was 65,000+. I went back to the doctor yesterday, and baby fine with a HR of 183. My main problem is horrible constipation. I had not had a regular bowel movement in almost 2 weeks despite diet changes and colace. Doctor decided to treat the constipation aggressively yesterday after I said I had a failed enema(fearing impacted bowel). She also told me to take the progesterone every other day(fearing the bowels reacting to progesterone) which I will not do since I am only 9wks 2days. I am still bleeding, but have not known for the past week if it is my progesterone lowering, or if it is the subchroinic bleed?? All my good veins have been blown, and they stick me like 10 times and they were unable to draw blood yesterday doc was not concerned and said with a HR of 183 she said not to worry. Anyone have one of these bleeds, and had bleeding for more than a day that comes and goes??? :sos Anyone have unreal constipation with the Progesterone? sorry this is so long, but I have had more problems than I care to know about.
vnsslfm
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:23 pm

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry for all you are going through. Yes, I bled heavily with my first pregnancy. I began bleeding heavily at 12 weeks and again at 17 weeks. I bled so much that in the five minute ride to the ER, I soaked through a maxi pad, my pants and the front seat of the car. It was scary. I pretty much bled the entire second trimester. That baby is now nine years old :)

Take it easy though. That bleeding does signal that something is amiss. You definitely do not want to do too much. The constipation is concerning as well. I would be concerned about slowing the progesterone supplements with such low levels. Have you considered a second opinion? Maybe they'll be able to help with the constipation. You should schedule that appointment right away though.

(((hugs)))
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby vnsslfm » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:04 pm

Thanks for that inspiring info!!! My mom also bleed heavily for 3 months with me, and I turned out just fine. I have not thought about getting a second opinion, because I have not had the time to think about anything but the obvious. I am not slowing the progesterone, because the measures that she has taken to treat the constipation are working!!!!! It is just weird because every time it gets bad, and the bleeding is heavy it stops they do an U/S and everything looks fine???? I thought about it all after putting it in black and white, and think that maybe the bleeding is coming from the sub chronic bleed which I was told to take it easy. I have a 2 year old, and trying to rest as much as possible. That is easier said than done. Today the bleeding is the worst it has ever been, but I had a long hard day yesterday with having to go to the doctor etc. Thanks ahead of time-Vanessa
vnsslfm
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:50 pm

Also, keep in mind, women can bleed not only after sex, but after an exam, transvaginal ultrasound or a bowel movement.

I say, put on the tv, put those feet up and spend some time just watching shows with your little one.

:)
my blighted ovum scare

If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby vnsslfm » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:57 pm

Thanks---you are too sweet!!!! I will do that, and pray for the best outcome!!! :)O Vanessa
vnsslfm
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby vnsslfm » Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:54 pm

Just an update for all those who think starting Progesterone after conception does not work........I will be 16 weeks tomorrow! All of my bleeding stopped, and my Hematoma has healed completely. Everything seems to be right on track, and the E> is still at 170 average! Go back for a U/s at 20 weeks, and we will know even more than! God provides, and he has guided me through all of this. Now we just pray that everything will stay on track, and the baby will be healthy!!!

God bless everyone and all the little beans!
vnsslfm
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby CINC » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:03 pm

that is awesome news!! Congratulations!!
Nicole
~I can do all things through Him that strengthens me.~
Mom to Elijah Samuel 1/3/03 & Isaac Kallel 9/23/06
CINC
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby vnsslfm » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:49 pm

26 weeks tomorrow! I am in pre-term labor, but still holding on with drugs. No cervical changes thus far, and contractions are slowing. Every day is a waiting game, but with god all things are possible. Never give up hope or faith ladies. I am a one lady who beat the odds. I was told I only had a 8% chance of carrying to 12 weeks. Ha, and so much for the ectopic that they thought I had the first ER visit. I do not plan on having any more children, but if things change I will NEVER have a u/s before 6 weeks ever again!
Mom to DD born 11/22/05
Miracle Baby Girl due 5/13/08!!!

Hope is contagious!
vnsslfm
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby vnsslfm » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:09 pm

33 weeks now!!! 3 more weeks and they stop my pre-term labor drugs. To think I could be holding my little bundle in as little as 3 weeks from now! It all seems like a whirl wind of emotions, fear, and now overwhelming joy and anticipation! What a blessing and learning experience all this has been thus far! I have learned more about my self in the last 7 months than I ever have. I also learned the most important thing, and that is to have faith. I am trying to keep that level of faith in all things I do now and in the future! Take care, and God Bless everyone and there little beans!
Mom to DD born 11/22/05

Hope is contagious!
vnsslfm
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby momof3 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:17 pm

Congrats to you, Vnsslfm!!

I am trying to keep the faith. The blood tests keep giving me bad news, but the Lord keeps giving me hope with the ultrasounds. I am going to try to disregard the #'s until I know something for sure either way.

Thanks for your uplifting story!
Me (28) Hubby (28)
Three HH children
Two M/C - 1/08 (7wks) and 4/08 (9wks)
Peyton Christine born 2/19 - 8# 2oz, 20" long
momof3
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby vnsslfm » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:23 pm

I will keep you in my prayers!!! I know that after the first few blood tests the doc and I talked and decided that unless things got worse that we would no longer do blood work. It was stressing me out to the point where she was worried that it could affect the baby. Blood work is not textbook in pregnancy, and just because it is not exactly the same for every lady or falls within the range these dr's want, does not mean it is doomed! I know that I just made a decision to leave it up to god, and that he would make the right decision. The most important thing that I learned through all this is that I am strong, and nothing is over till it is over. I will be thinking of you! :)O

Take care and God Bless,

Vanessa
Mom to DD born 11/22/05

Hope is contagious!
vnsslfm
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby vnsslfm » Fri May 09, 2008 8:51 pm

She is here!!! 6lbs 2ounces and 20inches. She is perfect. Without this site I am not sure what would have happened. Will post under birth stories soon!!!! God Bless You all and the little beans! We named her Adalyn Nicole.
Mom to DD born 11/22/05

Hope is contagious!
vnsslfm
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby namaste11 » Fri May 09, 2008 9:23 pm

Congratulations! Looking forward to reading the whole story. Welcome Adalyn Nicole.

Hugs!
E> Andy
Andy (38) and Jack (36)
Anna Kate (7y) Jacqueline (5y) Alexandra (2y) Samantha (2y) Vanessa (newborn)
5 precious souls in heaven playing with our dog McKinley
namaste11
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Fri May 09, 2008 11:30 pm

Oh Vanessa, congratulations! I absolutely love the name Adalyn Nicole. That is just so pretty.

Thank you for updating :)
my blighted ovum scare

Kay

Postby Mystimay » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:21 pm

Congrats on your miracle baby honey!!! What a great story!
Mysti
Mommy to two, and 10 1/2 wks preggo with a long awaited three, high risk preg. EDD Dec 26!!!

Two previous m/c's Aug 03, Jan 07
Mystimay
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Possible Miscarriage - Progesterone Issues