GREAT first HCG, but borderline progesterone: Prometrium

GREAT first HCG, but borderline progesterone: Prometrium

Postby HeatherErin » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:14 am

I had some spotting yesterday morning and today, at 5.5 weeks. (23 dpo.) My HCG from yesterday came back at just over 3700, but my progesterone was at 11.9, which the midwife said was borderline. I'm being put on prometrium, no idea if suppository or oral yet.

Anyone have any experience they can offer me? Or prayers. I take prayers! :-)
HeatherErin
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby HeatherErin » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:01 pm

Just to update, I'm on 200mg oral Prometrium twice a day. My HCG went in 46 hours from 3700 to 6674, a doubling rate of 54 hours. I'm still spotting though, and am tempted to ask for an early ultrasound. I'll be 6w3d tomorrow. Thoughts?
HeatherErin
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby HeatherErin » Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:10 pm

Another update: I've had the ultrasound, and it says that I was 5w6d, rather than the 6w4d I thought I was. However, there was a strong heartbeat, 107bpm, so if I am 5w6d (or more likely 6w0d/6w1d) then it's a good heart rate. If I really am 6w4d then it's not. So... It could be good news, could be bad news. However, they redid my progesterone levels, and on the Prometrium I'm now at 34, a rather nice increase from 11.9. So, there you go. We're still sliding along, as the midwife described it. Best we can do for now.
HeatherErin
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby wants2bamom » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:38 pm

HeatherErin,
I'm having some problems with my progesterone and hcg levels too and I was wondering if you could give me some suggestions / advice.

LMP 7/14 cycles last between 31-32 days.
Positive pregnancy test on Aug 11th
HCG Levels
Aug 14 = 445.3
Aug 16 = 858.8
Aug 18 = 1956.6
Aug 20 = 4013.8
Aug 22 = 5067 :(
Aug 24 = 8958.8
Aug 26 = waiting results
I also had my progesterone checked (I had to demand it) on Aug 23 and it was 10.4. When I got the results I had to demand progesterone supplements so I'm on 100 mg suppositories 2X a day. I've had no spotting, cramping or any "warning" signs and my ultrasound on Aug 23 measured me at 5W2D which is exactly where I should be. We saw a gestational sac and and yolk sac.

Do you think that I have a good chance? I'm so upset with my doctor about the progesterone thing! I'm staying positive and was wondering what you thought.

Best Wishes and you'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
Krissy
Angel Baby - 4/06
TTC since 6/06
wants2bamom
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby HeatherErin » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:55 pm

It looks to me like you have a chance, especially as you've not had any warning signs. The progesterone starts to work within hours, thickening up the lining of the womb so baby has something to really grab on to. You've got a good upwards progression with your Betas as well. You should get your progesterone checked again to ensure you're at a therapeutic level (you should be, but it'll put your mind at rest that it's working!) and then hopefully you'll have an ultrasound some time after seven weeks?

It's a horrible wait, isn't it? But I do think you've got hope. Take care of yourself!

Heather
HeatherErin
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby hj96 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:09 am

:)
So Heather, how far along are you now? I wanted to come back to the site to check on you. Your progesterone is wonderful. Mine never went up that high with any of my pregnancies.

When I went in for my first checkup, I thought I was around 6-7 weeks. The sono showed a "quesitonable gestational sac". The following week, I went in for a sono, there was a strong heartbeat and showed that I was about 5 1/2 weeks. I had spotting EVERY week until I was about 12 weeks. It always happened Sunday night into Monday morning....think it was too busy of weekends? :) She came out just fine, she is doing great now!

Krissy,
I agree with HeatherErin. The wait is horrible. I have 4 heatlthy girls and have had 2 miscarriages. They tell you to try your best to not worry, take it easy, rest, eat healthy, and drink plenty of water. The most important advice that I had came from my nurse with the last pregnancy. She told me, "You really need to try to take it to God in prayer and leave it with Him, don't keep going back to pick it up." Check in with this site often. There are a ton of good stories to keep your hopes up. By the way, with this last pregnancy, one of my hcgs did not completely double one time also.

I will keep you both in my prayers.

Heather
hj96
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby HeatherErin » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:03 pm

Hi Heather,

I'm now ten weeks, and have just had my third scan. Baby looks good, and they do not know why I've had spotting. I've been officially classified as "high risk" now as my liver problems are back, so I'm at an increased risk of stillbirth in the third trimester. This means a lot of medications and check ups, and that baby willl likely be induced at 34 weeks, like my son was. Fingers crossed we come out of this okay!

I've got another scan in two weeks, to do the nuchal translucency, but in case you wanted to see the latest one, you can see it at the link below!

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n199 ... l/bump.jpg
HeatherErin
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby cynthea » Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:44 am

my hcg's keep going up and progesterone goes up and down between 10 and 12 at one point it was even a 9 but i have no spotting(well only once i spotted). i've made it to 7 weeks and i still pray everynight. doc told me no sex or heavy workouts lol. I've heard that progesterone fluctuates often and thats why docs dont really check it, i dont know if thats accurate but thats what i've heard. also i'm on 200mg suppositories twice a day. I hope we all have our miracle babies this year :)
cynthea
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby april1979 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:42 pm

HeatherErin -

How did your pregnancy turn out?
april1979
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby HeatherErin » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:15 pm

I just recommended someone else visit this site for some advice, and popped into the forum myself.

This is how my pregnancy turned out:

This is Rosie eating her birthday cake:
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z69/ ... y003-1.jpg

And this is Rosie "enjoying" a box of tissues.
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z69/ ... ues003.jpg

She's our special girl. E>
HeatherErin
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Possible Miscarriage - Progesterone Issues