Progesterone still not up at 12 weeks

Progesterone still not up at 12 weeks

Postby jennap » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:51 pm

I'm 13w1d pregnant, and just got news that my progesterone, which was taken at 12w5d is still low --- 12. That was after going off of suppositories for 2 days to see if my placenta had taken over. I had it taken at 6w1d and it was 11, so I've been on 200 mg (once a day) vaginal suppositories. We had a good u/s at 7w6d and again at 11w2d, with baby moving and strong hb (above 150, but don't know exact number... estimated by midwife). Anyway, the doctor called today, and seemed concerned because "she's seen a few people with it this low going into the 2nd trimester, but not very often." I had finally gotten comfortable in this pregnancy (making it through the first trimester!), and now this :( They now want me to do 2 suppositories a day.

Does anyone have any thoughts/knowledge? How scared should I be?

P.S. I've been very frustrated with this OBGYN office, and I'm in the process of getting my records moved to a larger city's office, but until the, I'm in limbo!
jennap
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Progesterone still not up at 12 weeks

Postby my5kidsandcounting » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:44 am

I had the same issue with my now 3year old . Just keep taking the meds and you should be fine :)
my5kidsandcounting
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Possible Miscarriage - Progesterone Issues