Progesterone 10.26 @ 4wks

Progesterone 10.26 @ 4wks

Postby brannyree » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:24 pm

I am going to post this on here and the hcg section. A little history, I had an early miscarriage in Sept @ 5 weeks. It was the very first time I got pregnant and it made me very sad. I went to the dr and she discovered that I have a mild case of PCOS and put me on 1500mg of metformin and told me to contact her right away if I ever got pregnant again. So I just found out on 3/22 that I am pregnant again. I went and had blood work on 3/25 at 14 DPO and it was 145, the nurse called and said my progesterone was 10.26 and put me on 100mg vaginally of progesterone. I started them on 16 DPO and my hcg was 220. It didn't double! :() She told me to take the progesterone and come back in a week which will be this wed 4/3.

I guess my questions are, if this is a viable pregnancy, could the lower progesterone be causing my hcg to be a little slow to rise?

DId I start them early enough?

Have any of you had non doubling numbers and still went on to have normal pregnancies?
brannyree
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Progesterone 10.26 @ 4wks

Postby AnnaGrace » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:13 pm

There are lots of stories here of slow-rising hCG that turned out fine. I don't know if that could be related to progesterone or not, but to my completely non-medical mind that does sound reasonable. Honestly, with everything I've been reading here since I joined, I think you are way too early to lose hope over this pregnancy. Of course there is a risk of miscarriage but you are just way too early to know anything for certain. Stay positive, stay monitored (get more opinions if you think it would help you), and keep us posted.

Prayers and best wishes!!!!

Anna
AnnaGrace
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Progesterone 10.26 @ 4wks

Postby brannyree » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:42 pm

I got my third beta today and it was 1300! My dr was pleased and said to come in on the 25th for my first appt. I will be doing a lot of praying and finger crossing until then! :)8
brannyree
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Possible Miscarriage - Progesterone Issues