Very low progesterone, support needed

Very low progesterone, support needed

Postby LowFatLady » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:28 pm

I am brand new to this site, but I am so glad I found it. Your stories give me hope when I have very little.

Here is my story quickly. I have never been pregnant before. Diagnosed infertile, been trying for almost two years. I have pcos. I thought I had gotten my period early (12dpo), but turns out I am pregnant. My first beta was at 167. When they called to tell me I am pregnant (14dpo) they said congrats your pregnant, but it probably isn't viable because your progesterone is 1. They said they have never had anyone come back with a progesterone that low and that I will probaby miscarry or that it is ectopic. I was devistated. I was started on progesterone suppositories after my IUI - I have been on them ever since - 200mg each night.

I went in again for another beta and it went up to 280 something with my progesterone at 7. I had it tested again and beta went to 518 and progesterone at 6. They did a very early ultrasound to see if they could see anything in my tubes, but it was too early. Just had it tested again and beta went to 860 and progesterone is back at 7. They were ready to give me the shot that would end my pregnancy so I am so glad it went up. They are surprised that my hcg still rises the appropriate amount each time and hasn't tappered off yet. They are still very worried about an ectopic pregnancy and that it won't be viable. I haven't had any bleeding since 13dpo though.

I go in tomorrow morning for another beta and to see if they can see a gestational sac. They said that if they don't see a sac at the time my hcg is at the right level that is considered an ectopic pregnancy and will want to end it. I am so nervous about tomorrow and hope they see a sac in the right place. They said that if they do find it's a pregnancy in the right place they will change my progesterone to something that hopefully will help more. However, they won't do that until they find it's a pregnancy in the right place since they don't want to help a pregnancy that isn't viable.
LowFatLady
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Very low progesterone, support needed

Postby MrsCK » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:37 am

How did it go?
You dindn't say how far along you should be now?
MrsCK
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby LowFatLady » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:13 pm

I had my scan and they found it in the uterus and not in my tubes. Phew. My progesterone was still low though so they have started me on progesterone in oil shots to hopefully bring it up. Hopefully that will work and prevent more scary things from happening. Oh and as of today I am 5 weeks and 2 days along.
LowFatLady
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby MrsCK » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:09 am

Yay for bubs being in your uterus. B) I hope the new progesterone shots will up your levels.
You're way too early to detect a baby and even less likely for a heartbeat this early.
I'm sure the progesterone will help and your story will have a happy ending E>
MrsCK
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Possible Miscarriage - Progesterone Issues