Low prog. 7weeks LMP 5 weeks U/S

Low prog. 7weeks LMP 5 weeks U/S

Postby momtobe » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:14 pm

Hi Ladies,

Iam Pregnant now after a miscarriage last Aug probably due to low progesterone. My LMP was on 09/08/09.

I went to my doctor at around 30 days of LMP with a positive test result and she put me on Prometrin 100mg twice daily(even before blood work to avoid any risks of miscarriage). The first blood test showed prog level as 7. Hcg seems good.

This week(6-7 week LMP) she did a vaginal ultrasound and saw a sac and a small thing inside. She said it does look like 5 weeks only. She sent me for some advanced ultrasound where they said the same. 5 weeks only and they could not see an embryo inside but some small dot like thing which may be the embryo. As it was so small they were not able to measure it ..it seems..

the radiologist suggested me to wait and see for another 2 weeks with another ultrasound.
My doctor called me and told me the same thing as the radiologist and she said, my prog level is only 10.5 which should be around 30 with medication.
Also, she said, the radiologist has seen a small blood clot like thing near the sac. (The radiologist also informed me of the same, but told she will not take it as negative as of now..)

My doctor said, there are equal chances and she is not losing her hope, she wanted me to continue the medicines and if i see some bleeding(i have nothing now), to contact her..If no bleeding is seen, she said she can take another scan in my next two visits

My doctor sounds very negative and i am very scared to lose this pregnancy too.

Ladies, please share similar stories and your knowledge with me to help me prepare for the best and the worst..

Thanks
Raji
momtobe
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

date confusion

Postby momtobe » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:58 am

I have an appointment next tuesday with my dr. i hope she will do u/s again. i have a lot of questions in mind to ask her, regarding the date..it would be great if someone can clear me..

i had my LMP on 09/08/09. I have BBT chart and i see that my temp was low till 09/20/09. and it raised on 21, and 22 sep. i guess thats the time of ovulation??

when i had my u/s on 22/10/09 they calculated the date as 5 weeks 2 days LMP which is right.

But i dont understand how they see a 5 week 1 day(i remember the radiologist telling her assistant) as date with u/s?(comparing it with my BBT) is the growth slow or stopped?

i feel so confident once and become so worried next minute..its hard to push my time till i know the best or worst..
momtobe
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Update

Postby momtobe » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:28 pm

Hello Ladies,
I went to my doctor today again. She draw blood to know my prog level and other levels.
She did an abdominal scan and said the sac has grown. She said she expected to see some heartbeat, but could not see anything..and sounded very pessimistic. (But did not do vaginal scan which usually gives better idea)..

I checked with my ultrasound report(last week's) from lab and it says, they found a gest.sac(i forgot the size they have mentioned there) and yolk sac. But fetus is not being identified and the pregnancy is 5 weeks only.. Also they had mentioned a 11mm cub chorionic haemmorhage.

I have to go for another u/s with the lab this friday or next monday.. I will also be getting blood results on thursday..will keep you all updated. Praying to God and waiting..
momtobe
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby shastep » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:57 pm

I have seen ladies with low have good and bad preg. It all depends on your body and your baby.

I pray that your new scan is VAGINAL and shows your baby! Will be checking for an update.
expecting baby #6 11-3-11
5 HH children ~ 3 Angel babies
shastep
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Possible Miscarriage - Progesterone Issues