feeling guilty about my miscarraige

feeling guilty about my miscarraige

Postby lovemybaby » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:49 pm

hello all...

I lost my first pregnancy at 7 weeks in April 2008 and the sorrow of it is increasing as time passes :( , my progestrone levels detected just before miscarraige were very low..

the sad part is that I had some very pink blood spotting on friday...and I just didnt take it seriously till monday when I started bleeding and monday night itself I miscarried, my doctor prescribed me prometrium on monday but it was just too late...

now in retrospect I am feeling very guilty and sad that had I taken prometrium on friday I could have saved my baby...

very scared to try for next pregnancy..
lovemybaby
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby CGR » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:20 pm

Oh, I'm so, so sorry for your loss. :(O

They think my previous losses could have been due to low progesterone. It is very common, but it's also kind of a chicken or the egg kind of thing.... meaning it's hard to tell what caused what. I know many doctors that believe that low progesterone is just a sign that the pregnancy is not viable... that's what my doctor said with my first m/c. I'm no expert, but I don't think taking it on Friday would have saved your precious baby.

After the second m/c, they decided to put me on supplements (as I just found out I'm pregnant again). I too feel guilty that I didn’t use the supplements for my second miscarriage and it resulted in an m/c.

I totally understand where you are right now. This entire YEAR since my last m/c I'm been gearing up to get the guts to ttc. I've just come to realize that there is a plan much larger than myself. Everything will work out in time, as it should.

The good news is that you know for sure that you'll want/need supplements the next time. So at least you can take a step to be proactive. Take the time you need to heal. I promise eventually you'll be ready to try again and we'll be here for ya.

Hugs, Hugs. Hang in there.
CGR
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:18 am

I agree...don't take it personally. Sometimes the problem is the progesterone levels and other times the levels are just a symptom of a much larger problem. The good thing is that now you know progesterone is a concern and you can tackle the issue much earlier next time.

Really, don't feel guilty. You did nothing wrong.

(((hugs)))
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby lovemybaby » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:20 pm

thanks CGR and Kay for all the kind words and support..:)
take care..
lovemybaby
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby themorethemerrier » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:41 pm

I think we all feel guilty after our m/c's, no matter what. You know, like, I should've eaten better, shouldn't have picked up my 2 yr old, should've rested more, etc. I guess it's just a natural part of the grieving process. I know I've felt that after every one of my m/c's.
You can read my story of miracle triplets, loss, and, one day, new hope at
http://www.squidoo.com/pregnantwiththree
themorethemerrier
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Possible Miscarriage - Progesterone Issues