ULTRA SOUND REPORTS SHOW DISCREPANCY

This forum is to share our miscarriage stories and, in so doing, help others

ULTRA SOUND REPORTS SHOW DISCREPANCY

Postby Tiffany » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:54 pm

I need to know if others would feel angry at not being told there is an obvious viablity problem with the following results.

The Doctor had full knowledge of the prior report as it was given along with the request for a further one.

Ist report:

Findings: The uterus contains a single gestational sac. The foetal CRL is 3.9mm + 6wod gestational age. Foetal cardiac motion was seen, FH 80bpm. There was no intrauterine haematoma. The adjacent structures appeared normal. There was a right ovarian corpus luteum. A foetal pole has developed since the last scan on 18/09/06.
CONCLUSION: The appearance is consistent with a progressing intrauterine pregnancy,

The second report

ULTRASOUND PREGNANCY

There is a single intrauterine gestation sac and foetus.
The crown rump length of the foetus measures 3.4 mm, which equates with a gestational age of 5 weeks 5 days.

EDD 26 May 2007
Foetal heart motion demonstrated at 105bpm.

Good decidual reaction.
Corpus Luteal cyst in right ovary.
No adnexal mass lesion or evidence of free fluid in pelvis.

COMMENT: Live intrauterine pregnancy of 5 weeks 5 day gestation. For further assessment of foetal development and well being, a repeat study after an interval of 3 weeks is suggested.

Please oh please someone tell me how they would feel if they received this with NO further comment!! Am I just overacting to feel so upset??

Tiffany
Tiffany
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Tiffany » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:56 pm

The ultra sound was taken one week apart. The second is the latter one.

Tiffany
Tiffany
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Michelle » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:00 pm

I understand how upset you are. I think that until they are sure it is not a viable pregnancy, they just wait and see. I saw that the measurement went down, but I've also read that the measurement can vary and that it is not exact. Hang in there- it's not over until it's over. E>

I hope you get wonderful news at your next appointment! :H

Michelle
Angel baby 3/99
DD 1/00, DS 7/01,DS 8/03
Angel baby 1/06
Joie Alexandra born 6/22/07!
http://www.teamcaudle.com
Michelle
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Tiffany » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:57 pm

Michelle,

Thank you.

I would love to hold out hope but this will be the fourth misscarriage.
I have read nothing positive from an embryo that fails to grow. To top it off this one appears to have shrunk a little.

I just went to a church of mine and cried my eyes out. First time I have really realeased tears for this one.

Tiffany
Tiffany
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Miscarriage Stories