Should of miscarried two weeks ago!!!

This forum is to share our miscarriage stories and, in so doing, help others

Should of miscarried two weeks ago!!!

Postby 1970roz » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:49 pm

:)O< I am 43 years old and should be 8-9 weeks pregnant. Because of my age the doctor wanted me to have an US around the 7 th week to see how far long I am. The US. Said I was 6/5 but my lmp indicated 7/3. The technician couldn't locate the baby so she said We will have to do a transvaginal US. We located the baby. She said she couldn't locate a heartbeat, she said she could see a yoke sac and that seems promising. The technician advised that my doctor will probably want me in a few weeks time for another US. Sure enough we went for another one and again no heartbeat. So we did blood work to count my hcg. The first blood work I was at 36 000 two days later I was at 28 000. The doctor said I will miscarry naturally or she can give me some medicine to remove it quicker. I elected to go naturally just in case she was wrong. So we sit and wait!
1970roz
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Should of miscarried two weeks ago!!!

Postby MomofTen » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:18 pm

I'm currently in your position. I was told on Feb 12th I was pregnant by an U/S done at planned parenthood & I was 6.1-6.5wks by measurements, after calling last Friday I found they noted cardiac motion & those dates measured (6wks 1day-6weeks 5days), there was a fetal
Pole and yoke sac. I can't tell you how happy I was!
On Feb 21st I went to the ER, had been spotting since the night of the ultrasound, light pink & brown, with some cramps. They did an U/S and said the baby measured only 6wks, fetal pole, no heartbeat. The tech made those notes, the on call radiologist agreed with those results and added that there was bleeding by placenta(or implantation bleeding) & tech didn't see it. I was sent hope with threatens miscarriage as diagnosis and told to call a dr on Monday (this was Friday). The wait all weekend was pretty much me crying for 48hrs.
On Feb 26, I get in to see dr. They do U/S and confirm (with a two second u/s) that the baby was about 6wks fetal pole and yoke sac no heartbeat. She gave me the pills for medical MC. I have not taken them. Not sure I will until I know 100% & right now, I could be in super denial, or maybe it's some miracle I'm going to keep my baby?!
If the baby hasn't grown in three weeks and I'm not MC'ing I can only keep hope in my heart. Oh &y levels at the ER were checked and were in normal range, not checked again at Dr.
I am praying for all moms here and sending very positive vibes!
Many thanks to the originator of this site & all of those who are strong enough to share their stories to help everyone
MomofTen
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby 1970roz » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:52 pm

Wow! So glad I am not the only one! It's horrible to think that we are told we will miscarry and they give us an option to take a pill to 'get on with our lives. ' it just doesn't add up. And I can't live with the what if, if I was to take the pill! All the best! And I pray are outcomes are positive!
1970roz
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby MomofTen » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:42 pm

I should have added I'm 45 and I really feel that they didn't care and kind of looked down on me. The nurse (a guy!) in the ER was so sweet, I couldn't believe how supportive he was. The tech and dr were horrible though. I haven't taken anything and called to ask for an appointment for another ultrasound this coming Friday, will be exactly 2wks since the ER visit. I'm not sure why the dr's office didn't check my levels :( maybe that could have helped me some either way. I just feel with my age that they don't really care. They will let me know if the dr wants another ultrasound! Very frustrating. Praying for us both to be ok & that our babies are as well. I will
Be sure to update here. This has been my lifeline for the past week now.
Peace & love
MomofTen
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Miscarriage Stories