Cyst,Miscarriage, D&C, TTC (UPDATE)

This forum is to share our miscarriage stories and, in so doing, help others

Cyst,Miscarriage, D&C, TTC (UPDATE)

Postby AngelBabyMommy91 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:40 pm

Hey just wanted to share my story...

HISTORY
I've always had ovarian cysts since the time I was 16 years old, I've even had a few explode which is still to this day the worst pain I've ever felt in my life! The cyst went from happening every year to every couple of months to EVERY month! I have a friend who's step mom can't get pregnant because of her cysts messing up her ovaries! So as you can imagine it really scared me at the thought at not being able to have kids, but I was still in high school so there wasn't much I could do. I tried BC and not even that helped! So I got to the beginning of the summer of this year and expressed to my bf how much I really think we should have kids soon, and of corse him being 23 and just graduated and me being 20 (2 more years to go) didn't seem like the most ideal situation. I pleaded with him that in 2 years we might not be able to have kids because of my cysts and we had an argument and he left for a couple of days. Well the argument happen in May 31 I had NO IDEA I was pregnant already at the time! So we finally made up a few days later and he came back to the apartment well weeks went by and I was about to start my AF, I had an extra test from when my friend thought she was pregnant and I decided what they hey I'll just use it and get rid of it since I'm about to go back on BC and we're using condoms! Well to my surprise there was a line (it was the control line) I freaked out and looked for the box and gave a sign of relief as it was suppose to be a + and I only saw a - well when I went back to the bathroom there it was a BFP! I woke my bf up and told him the news, of corse he was less than thrilled but I was excited and took it as a sign and got Blood test to confirm!

Pregnancy/MC
Well since we're so young we decided to tell our families (I was exactly 4weeks at the time) and his family wasn't to thrilled but my mom was excited I'm obviously she knows my situation and my grandma has always pressured me to get pregnant early because of the cyst! His family did end up coming around to the idea and everything was going smoothly. I amazingly had NO morning sickness the whole time just sore breasts. I went to the doctor at 6weeks to begin prenatal care and everything looked great well then the 10week visit came:( My doctor was out of the office so I saw a replacement, I'm pretty skinny so she said we MIGHT be able to hear a heartbeat through the doppler! I was excited! But we didn't hear anything she claimed she kept getting the end of it and she'll just set me up for an ultrasound to confirm the heartbeat. I was excited I was going to get an early look at my baby! I begged my BF to come in case something was wrong and he agreed. Well we had the ultrasound and the tech was extremely quiet, and I've watched enough ultrasound videos on youtube to KNOW when she was looking for the heartbeat and I didn't hear anything I asked her if everything was alright and she said "IDK the doctor has to look at it" I thought that was strange because I've had a billion ultrasounds for my cyst and they usually say yep theres your cyst and in the other room when I was changing in the bathroom I could hear the tech saying theres the baby this and that and moving etc! Well she walked back in and handed me the phone and the doctor told me the baby had died the week before and I had an option of MC on my own or getting a d&C well obviously I was devastated and couldn't make a decision right then! My bf and i CRIED forever until we could get up and leave the room, I had no idea what I had done! Here I am 20, don't drink or smoke took the vitimans ate the recommended foods and still had a MC! how is it 16 year olds have healthy babies and they sometimes don't do ANY of the right things!? I felt like something was wrong with me I still feel that way right now granted it's only been about a week since this all happened...

2nd opinion
Anyway after finding this website I decided I wanted a second ultrasound my original doctor was back and he is quite RUDE and when I went in to talk about getting the d&c he told me I shouldnt be said it was just tissue and I was like it died at 9weeks2days pretty sure it had a heartbeat so it counted to me and then I began to cry so much my mom had to answer questions for me. I called him back the day before the d&c was scheduled (Monday 08/01/11) and asked him if I could have another ultrasound he said for what purpose? and in a rude tone said do what you want whatever, well obviously after that I got off the phone and started crying thats no way to treat anyone nevertheless someone going through this! so I decided to go to the ER in the next town over and yeah it was true the baby was still 9weeks2days but at least I felt better knowing for sure so I could have my d&c with no doubts!

D&C
Tuesday(08/02/11) I went in at 6am for prep and everyone at the hospital was extremely nice and sensitive to my situation in fact one of the nurses almost made me cry in saying she's been where I was and had this happen to her and not to give up because it gets better and that made me feel a lot better then they gave me an IV and an antibiotic through my IV and a general anesthetic through my IV and I was out cold I woke up in recovery and was fighting sleep (I have insomnia so I try my hardest to stay awake for no reason at all haha) I felt better it was all over no more suffering thinking I'm carrying around my child who has died, I'm still sad but better. I was given Tylenol 3 but I don't need it I wasn't and still am not in any pain and wasn't bleeding heavy nor am I bleeding at all right now and its only been 2days! I will say the day after gave me an extremely upset stomach to where I might of had to go to the ER but once I got a BM I was a little better but I hear anesthesia can do that to you.

TTC again
My boyfriend and I have decided we will TTC in 2weeks (the min you have to wait before intercourse)
My doctor said to wait 3months but I've read everything from TTC right away, 1cycle,2cycles,3cycles. and I know my body it's an extremely fast healer so I'm not to worried about MC again,and I know I might not even get pregnant until months after if my body wasn't ready anyway, however I know the next pregnancy will not be fun at all constant worrying and all but hopefully by God's grace everything will turn out better in the end because everything happens for a reason! So as soon as I get a BFP and it's confirmed I'll be back on the board to give updates! Sorry for the long story just need to get that out since my BF doesn't want to talk about it (though he's all for the TTC part typical haha) Oh yeah and after that inconsiderate meeting AND phone call with that OBGYN after the 2week checkup I will NOT be seeing him again.
AngelBabyMommy91
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Cyst,Miscarriage, D&C, TTC (UPDATE)

Postby AngelBabyMommy91 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:07 pm

I'm pregnant again EDD July 6,2012 let's hope it's my rainbow baby!
AngelBabyMommy91
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Miscarriage Stories