New, Sharing my miscariage story

This forum is to share our miscarriage stories and, in so doing, help others

New, Sharing my miscariage story

Postby shastahun » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:08 pm

Hello everyone. I'm Shasta, 26. DH and I had been trying to conceive just after getting married. In January he deployed to Afghanistan, and a week later I found out I was pregnant. At what I thought was 6.5 weeks I had my first appointment. They decided to do an ultrasound that day, since I had a previous missed miscarriage 5 years ago. The ultrasound showed a yolk sack and a baby, measuring 5w6d with a heart beat of 105. I was so excited, because last time my ultrasound at 9 weeks showed no baby. So I had a pretty uneventful couple of weeks until I turned 10 weeks. I started spotting, and then it turned to red bleeding, so I went to the ER. My cervix was closed but the ultrasound showed NO baby, NO yolk sack, just the gestational sack. I was so furious! What happened, where in the world did the baby go?! That was a Saturday, the next day I started miscarrying. I was bleeding heavily, having really bad contractions, and late Sunday night I was in the shower trying to deal with the pain and passed what I think was the gestational sack. After that day I've been bleeding since, it's been 3 weeks with no sign of it slowing down. I had some tissue tested from my OB appointment 2 weeks ago (OB seen some clots trying to come out and grabbed them for testing) and it was determined it was just endometrial tissue. I've been passing huge chunks of it every day. It's like there is NO END to it. And to make matters worse, my HCG levels are going down incredibly slow. I had blood drawn yesterday and haven't learned of the results yet, but my last levels 3 weeks ago were 2800, down from 6600 when I was at the ER. I wasn't told my levels from 2 weeks ago, but the OB said it wasn't much lower than my previous one.
shastahun
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Miscarriage Stories