Scheduled for D&C, but miscarried naturally

This forum is to share our miscarriage stories and, in so doing, help others

Scheduled for D&C, but miscarried naturally

Postby Anxious_Momtobe » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:10 pm

Hi Everyone - This site has been very helpful to me during this time and I just wanted to share my story as others' have been so helpful to me.

My husband and I have were TTC since Jan. 31 '10. I stopped taking the pill after 8 years and we were off. After months of no period I was concerned and went to the doctor. I was diagnosed with a very mild case of hypothyrodism and told to stop TTC until the thyroid was stabilized. That was April. My period came in May and then again in July, which coincidentally was the time when my thyroid was stable and we were given the OK to start again. Between July and now, I have not had a period. I went back to the doc when nothing was happening in October. She did a bunch of tests and everything was normal (hormones, genes, etc). She gave me Provera to get my period to come. After the Provera, nothing came, so I took a pregnancy test and it was positive. That was Nov. 7th.

Since she was monitoring my condition, she wanted to make sure "it was a good pregnancy" right away and called me in for beta testing. My numbers never really doubled, but they were going up and the ultrasound kept showing an empty sac week after week. When I was 8 weeks, she finally gave me the diagnoses of an abnormal pregnancy and strongly recommended I get the D&C the next day. At that point, I had been lightly spotting for a week and told her that I wanted to get a 2nd opinion and wait for the D&C. We scheduled it for a week later. In the meantime, I had beta testing & an ultrasound at the hospital. I also got a 2nd opinion, which confirmed her diagnoses. The night before my D&C, I started to have cramps and then that morning the cramps continued. The spotting turned to bleeding. I was hoping that it would happen naturally because I really did NOT want to have the D&C. I asked for an ultrasound before the D&C and she saw that the sac was gone. She then actually was able to pull it out with some forceps of something and sent it off to the lab. It was confirmed that it was the sac and that everything was now "OK."

This was 1 week and 1 day ago and time has made all the difference. My bleeding is now very light. Almost nothing. I'm still devastated by what happened, but I'm happy that my body was able to miscarry naturally (really, to do SOMETHING naturally, as this issue with my period is very hard and makes me feel like my body is giving up on me). My husband and I are now planning a trip for January. We're waiting for my period to come before trying again. If it doesn't come by the end of Jan, I will see a doctor again. Maybe an RE. Hopefully this miscarriage and the "time off" will allow my body to go back to being regular (which it was before the pill) and to carry to term next time.

Best wishes to everyone and happy holidays.
Anxious_Momtobe
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Scheduled for D&C, but miscarried naturally

Postby Anxious_Momtobe » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:42 pm

Hi Everyone - I wanted to update my post from last year. A year ago today, I miscarried. And now, I am looking at my sleeping 3 week old daughter. If someone told me a year ago that I would have a three week old daughter, I would have never believed them. So I wanted to update my story to bring hope to others. My DH and I were trying (in vain) all of 2010. After the miscarriage, we took a vacation to Israel and had some downtime. We went to some mineral spas there, which supposedly are good for your cycles. Not sure if that had anything to do with my period coming back, but it did come back, almost right on schedule when we returned from the vacation. After that, we started trying again and we were pregnant on my next cycle. My pregnancy was complication free and our little one arrived right on her due date.

I wish all of you luck and lots of babies! Don't lose hope. Happy Holidays!
Anxious_Momtobe
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby toxxikk » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:55 am

Thank you for sharing your story and for giving us an update, as well. Congratulations on your daughter!
toxxikk
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby megsie11 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:52 am

I miscarriaged today. Still in agony. How long does it last? Congrates that you got your beautiful baby.
megsie11
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Miscarriage Stories