Emotional roller coaster, possible blighted ovum

This forum is to share our miscarriage stories and, in so doing, help others

Emotional roller coaster, possible blighted ovum

Postby petraangelic » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:42 pm

I went to the doc about three weeks ago, thinking I was around eight weeks pregnant, with mild spotting and cramping. A vaginal ultra sound was performed and the doc told me he could see a yolk sack, but no baby inside. He said that either my due date was miscalculated, or that I would miscarry soon. He told me to go back a week later to see if there was any progress, but gave little hope.

Last Tuesday, I went and had another u/s to see that there was, indeed a baby this time, but no heartbeat. The doc said again, that either my due date was miscalculated or that I would miscarry.

I am waiting until Friday to go back again and see if there is a heartbeat. I have absolutely no idea how far along I am at this point or even if my baby is alive. Minutes seem like hours and days seem like weeks. I am trying to remain faithful.

I was told at age 18 that it would be highly unlikely for me to have children since I have PCOS. I have a wonderful nine year old son and consider him my miracle. I hope God gives me a second miracle, too.
petraangelic
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Emotional roller coaster, possible blighted ovum

Postby SomedayMaybe » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:03 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, Petra. I feel for you completely. The waiting game is SO emotionally draining, and it's hard to keep your chin up when your body and doctors are telling you otherwise. I certainly hope that things do work out for you. As I mentioned in a previous post, God works in very mysterious ways. There's no telling what plans He has in store for anyone. The only thing I can suggest is to keep the faith, think positively and try to distract your mind if possible.

Good luck and God bless.
I'm so tired of looking a pregnancy test. :(
Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.
Mother Teresa
SomedayMaybe
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Emotional roller coaster, possible blighted ovum

Postby petraangelic » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:00 am

Thanks so much for the kind words. The news was unfortunately bad. There was no growth and no heartbeat again when I went back yesterday. So now I wait to miscarry. This is probably the hardest thing I have ever experienced. I know I will get through it, as so many women do. I am trying to remain faithful. Thanks again :)
petraangelic
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Miscarriage Stories