Losing my baby, how long with this take???

This forum is to share our miscarriage stories and, in so doing, help others

Losing my baby, how long with this take???

Postby mom21angel3boys1? » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:15 am

I am 7 weeks, and losing my baby.

I started getting very crampy with a bad backache all day 4/18, and very faintly brownish discharge. By bedtime I passed a small amount of dark brown mucus, and about 12 hrs later, 4/19 started bright red blood. :( :( :( :*( :*( :*( :*(

I have had labor type pains intermittently, bad for several hours, then easing, repeatedly since, and am losing more tissue, though still not a lot. I checked my cervix and I am dilated some (1 1/2 cm)? Do I have to get to 10 cm when I'm only 7 weeks??? I wish this would be over. 36 hrs and waiting for the rest. I lost breast tenderness completely several days ago.

I was really wishing for a girl. We have 3 DS, and I know we won't try for another, this wasn't planned, and knowing that there is almost noone who I can share this with, and most who wouldn't understand my grief at all makes me feel so alone. DH is trying to just support me as he would for a case of the flu. He's trying. I believe though he is honestly relieved. That makes me so much sadder and more lonely than anything.
mom21angel3boys1?
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Losing my baby, how long with this take???

Postby whattodo » Sat May 29, 2010 11:12 am

Hi there,

I just read your post and i am kind of wondering some of the same things you are. Has anything changed since you posted this? For me, i am wondering how long i will be intermittanly bleeding. It has been 3 weeks of mild to severe cramping and bleeding and i have read so many things about the length of time i am really confused and at a loss. I started spotting brown 2 weeks after i was told i was 5 weeks pregnant. After the first few days of spotting, i had an u/s done and saw the fetus and heartbeat,sac and all so i left relieved. About a week later, i started spotting red and the cramping was increasing so i had another u/s done and was told by the sonographer there was nothing there but tissue. The cramping and bleeding only increasd from that point forward and was told i was in the beginning stages of miscarraige..
Needless to say, it has been a very alienating and depressing few weeks, and i just want to know how long this will take and if 3 weeks of off and on bleeding is normal? All my pregnancy signs went away too, so i know it's just a matter of time, but i just want to know when. It's making me feel like i have the worst case of PMS and i have to stop myself from crying everytime i see a baby.
whattodo
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Miscarriage Stories