My natural miscarriage story complete w/ a minor prob

This forum is to share our miscarriage stories and, in so doing, help others

My natural miscarriage story complete w/ a minor prob

Postby pinkfacade » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:54 pm

So, I miscarried starting last night around 6pm. The dark brown spotting turned to red and increased to bleeding followed directly by the passing of large clots. I had NO cramps. I spent every 30minutes to an hour passing large clots. some the size of golf balls/baseballs...some the size of little balls,etc. I bled pretty heavy and got dizzy a few times but not too dizzy. I drank almost an entire gallon of water until i went to bed at about 11 30pm. I was up every hour from 11:30 to 6am passing clots and bleeding/changing my pads. I ignored the soaking through the pad thing bc it just didn't seem realistic to me.
6am I got a little dizzy. drank some water and passed some more clots. I ate breakfast and drank lots of water. I passed a large clot ( maybe the sac i'm not sure what it was really ) the size of a baseball....when i stood up i got soooo dizzy i almost blacked out. We headed for the ER to make sure I was ok.
My blood pressure was pretty low. the top was only in the hight 80s.
i was dizzy and sat down waiting for 5 hours with no IV and not aloud to drink a thing. it was an awful wait. When they finally examined me ( they did a pap type exam ) the doctor said it was pretty much over and he sent me to my Midwife who i could not get a hold of all day and am very upset by this......she did an ultrasound,told me how severely anemic i was and that my blood pressure was still low. Put me on iron suppliments and bedrest to recover.
However, When she asked about my cramping and I reported that I had NONE she thought I was lying or crazy.....she said "well you have had natural childbirth so i guess it doesnt compair " let me tell you, though i had natural childbirth i do not get cramps when i'm on my period....and i did not have a single cramp during this miscarriage. i am lucky....i completely miscarried naturally and didn't have to have any medical intervention.
I was 11 weeks but the bbay hadn't developed past 7 more than likely. they never found a fetal pole or heartbeat so we really don't know.
i didn't see anything remotly resembling a baby and wasn't able to tell the difference in anything coming out.
i hope telling my story helps out others :)

i am soooo glad that i can move on now. i am devestated by the loss of my baby but i am so glad that the miscarriage went so well for me and i had no pain.
maybe this is gods way of making up taking my son from me :)
pinkfacade
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby pinkfacade » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:15 am

oh and btw i drank red raspberry tea throughout my entire pregnancy and while i was miscarrying. i was told by my doula that it strengthened the uterus and toned the muscles. she said that is a good reason i prob didn't have any pain. so keep that in mind anyone waiting for a m/c.
pinkfacade
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby pinkfacade » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:28 am

so i had the worste week ever. my daughter got rotavirus and we were in the hospital for 4 days!!!!!!!!!! :(
pinkfacade
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby dylanfreak76 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:39 pm

awww, what is rotavirus? I hope she is better! When it rains, it really pours, doesn't it?
Jessica.. Mother to 5 beautiful Earthlings and 1 Angelic Son and now 3 tiny beings gone to Heaven also.

dylanfreak76
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby pinkfacade » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:48 pm

its a terrible stomach virus responsible for lots of hospitalizations and soemtimes death in young children bc of sever dehydration. she is doing much better now. :)
pinkfacade
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby aisha » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:24 am

I am sooooooooooo sorry about your loss :( and at the same time you had to handle your daughter's health issue. You are a tough lady. I am glad that your daughter is better now.

I know each one of us is longing for another baby. So do I, after each m/c, I could no longer thinking of trying again. I had to wait at least a year before ttc. My advise is, wait til you are fully recovered if you are ready to try again. At least, 2 Af or the best 3 AF. This is just to ensure that your uterus has enough rest and recovery time period from the scars.

I wish you speedy recovery. Take a good rest.
aisha
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby LisaL » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:50 pm

Pinkfacade I am so sorry to hear about your loss I know how upset you must be.

But I also think you're experience is a little worrying. Sounds like you were bleeding very very heavily. Really I think the clots should only be small (anything bigger than a walnut you are bleeding v heavy and should go to the ER) I am not surprised you had dizzy spells, low blood pressure and anaemia.

This happened to me too - also with no pain, I went to the ER on the first day and like you the nurses thought it was strange and that I was being 'brave' but i bled like that for 4 days without m/c. I was actually just haemorrhaging. I was admitted straight away and hooked up to an IV. Although they gave me medication to dilate and bring on contractions and slow the bleeding, it took 4 days before I passed the fetal sac (which was a yellow colour and very disinguishable from the clots) It eventually took a d&c to stop the bleeding.

I really hope you can recover now and feel better soon.

I am glad your daughter is on the mend - ironically, two weeks ago my 4 yr old was admitted for 5 days with severe dehydration from gastroenteritis too! It never rains but it pours.....
:(O

Lisa
LisaL
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Pinkfacade

Postby mom21angel3boys1? » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:26 am

Thank you for telling your story. I am so sorry for your loss. I am still in the process of my m/c, bleeding, massive cramping, waiting for the rest.

Peace and Healing,
Nancy
mom21angel3boys1?
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: My natural miscarriage story complete w/ a minor prob

Postby rachana » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:18 am

When miscarriages happen very early along in a pregnancy, it can sometimes be difficult to tell whether it was an early miscarriage or just a late, heavy period. If you have had an early miscarriage, please describe your experience here to help others who are wondering what their symptoms mean. What did the bleeding look like, when did it occur, and how did you know it was a miscarriage?

Remember that if you are currently having bleeding and you are not sure whether you are miscarrying, it is best to see a doctor to figure out what is going on.
rachana
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Miscarriage Stories