Miscarriage after being missdiagnosed...

This forum is to share our miscarriage stories and, in so doing, help others

Miscarriage after being missdiagnosed...

Postby Sarahwas90 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:33 pm

This very difficult pregnancy has now come to an end. On January 23rd I took a pregnancy test and there was a dark line. We were so excited! About a week later, I started spotting and I spotted for an entire weekend. It was light, but because I had miscarried twice before, they had me come in for an ultrasound. Everything looked fine. They did blood tests to check my hgc levels and they dropped. I was told to prepare to miscarry. We were sad and had practically lost hope.

Many people were praying for us. I prayed, "LORD, if You say live, this baby with live." One week later we went in for another ultrasound to see how the miscarriage was progressing and there the little one was and there was the heartbeat! Again, we were so excited and praising God!

A week and a half later, I started spotting again. They brought me in for another ultra sound. Sadly, there was not heart beat and no signs of blood flow to the baby. We waited another week and they checked again - no heart beat. By this time, I had lost all pregnancy symptoms and was spotting heavier and heavier. We had lost this baby.

As hard as this has been, I believe that, "... all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28). We are still praising God and hoping and waiting for a brother or sister for our son Samuel.
With God all things are possible.
Sarahwas90
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:58 pm

You quoted my favorite verse!

I am sorry for your loss. I wish so much every misdiagnosed miscarriage stayed misdiagnosed. Unfortunately, sometimes the signs of miscarriage are there for a reason.

All things are possible with God though. Please, keep us updated on you. We'd love to hear updates on Samuel future sibling.

(((hugs)))
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Miscarriage Stories