I miscarried on my own

This forum is to share our miscarriage stories and, in so doing, help others

I miscarried on my own

Postby nathanialsmommy » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:53 pm

So my miscarriage began on sunday night. I had been bleeding like a light period for a few days. On Sunday night around 10pm I felt alot of pressure and faint pain in my pelvis area. I had a feeling something was going to happen. At 10:30 I got in the shower and no sooner had I stepped in the blood began to literally flow. It ran down my legs and swirled down the drain. I had known this was coming so was not in shock at all. If anything I felt a sense of relief, if that isn't crazy, that it was finally beginning. I kneeled down and let the hot water run down my back. The pain was dull and more like pressure. I stayed in the shower till the hot water ran out.
When I got out I grabbed a red towel and went right to the toilet. Bigger clots began to fall out. It was non stop. I called down for my husband and he sat with me. For over an hour it just ran steadily. My husband talked me into putting a pad on and just resting in bed for a bit. For about 20 minutes I rested leaned up against my husbands body. Melting into him. All of the sudden I felt a gush and jumped up and ran to the toilet, leaving a steady trail of blood from the bed, across the rug throught the bathroom. I pulled my bottoms down and they were soaked over iwth blood. A larger clot rolled off the pad splashing into the red water beneath me. I could hardly beleive what I was seeing.
This whole time, I was not in major pain. Nor was I lightheaded. I felt I had my wits about me and felt very focused on the task. I dropped my head and began to pray. Thanking God for His Mercy for allowing this to happen on it's own. Allowing it to happen before I set my eyes on my baby inside. Allowing it to happen at night when my children were tucked in safely in their beds. For blessing me with a husband who would sop up my blood with towels and never leave my side.
The heavy bleeding continued for almost 24 hours. The pain was minimal for me. I once read that fear causes pain to be that much worse. I think the Lord saved my mind just in time. Earlier on Sunday I felt my fears and defenses melt away. I felt like I was resting with Jesus "in the back of the boat" when the storm was raging...yet I was unafraid of the storm that swarmed. I knew I was not alone and not forsaken. So when the blood began to flow...I was ready.
I still cannot believe that I have had 2 miscarriages. I never thought I would have one again. Yet hope lives on in me. I long for my son that I know I will be entrusted with in the Lords time.
I cannot imagine going through such an experience without my Savior to hold me and prepare me.
Thanks for reading my story. I pray each of you that will experience this or are waiting to..will find the same mercy and peace that I did.
Let Hope Live
nathanialsmommy
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby hunterroad » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:31 am

I am glad and happy it went well for you-if thats even appropriate. Thank you for your encouraging story, after the fact, and I too will continue to have hope and am also very thankful to have Jesus in my heart to get through this difficult time. Not sure what I would do without him or my wonderful family. I pray that God will give you the desire of your heart, which is a baby boy! :H Take care Nathaniels Mommy and keep us updated in the future.
hunterroad
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby nathanialsmommy » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:08 am

thank you hunterroad...I read your story and know you have been through alot too. Hope is such a gift! I will pray for you as well :)
nathanialsmommy
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Miscarriage Stories