Miracle baby

This forum is to share our miscarriage stories and, in so doing, help others

Miracle baby

Postby elliecain » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:06 am

A bit of background first:
I have an 11 month old son who was the beautiful result of our first round of IVF with ICSI. Prior to him, I had a very early miscarriage at 5 weeks and my husband has high levels of antibodies so we were told that ICSI is our only hope for conception.

Fast forward a few months and I wanted to start on a sibling. I’m 40 now and did not want to wait, so we started the process of our next round of IVF. On 1st January, I started down regulating and was due to have a baseline scan on 16th ready to start the injections, but I still hadn’t had a withdrawal bleed as expected by 15th so I did a test. Lo and behold, a blazing positive. We were absolutely stunned and immediately swapped our IVF meds for progesterone support pessaries and steroids, as per my previous pregnancy. I am due a first scan next Friday, at 7+1 (my IVF clinic is awesome and has offered us free scans).
Beta hcg looked perfect: at 4+4 it was 985 and at 4+6 it was 3,085.

Then, at 6+1, in the evening on Friday, I had a gush of watery red. My heart sank and we headed for A&E where they took blood and examined me. They didn’t have a sonographer available to scan me but the doctor said the active bleeding had stopped, my tummy was soft, my cervix closed and there was sticky discharge mixed with the blood. I had no cramps at all. He thought these were good signs, called it a threatened miscarriage and sent me home. I had a call to say I will be scanned today or Monday and my hcg has risen to 53,800!!!

Since then I have had small amounts of bleeding but no cramping. I realise that my progesterone support is probably keeping things at bay and I am perturbed by the very good night’s sleep I had last night, as I never sleep well in early pregnancy. I’m wanting to hold out some hope but I know the signs are not good.

I spoke to my clinic nurse yesterday and she has said they will scan me if I don’t get one at the hospital today, so I know I will find out today. I’m terrified. Is there any chance that my little miracle baby has survived and we might see a heartbeat today?

If anyone reads this and can offer me hope to get me through today, I’d appreciate it.
elliecain
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Miracle baby

Postby elliecain » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:24 pm

Just to add to this that I had a scan today and my baby has a heart beat and measures 5.7mm so all looks good so far.
elliecain
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Miracle baby

Postby Kay » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:10 pm

(((Hugs))) I am so sorry you went through this scare. I bled a lot in my first pregnancy and that baby was just fine. I do hope the bleeding has stopped and you can have an uneventful pregnancy!
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Miscarriage Stories