walking example of pregnancy symptoms but BFN

walking example of pregnancy symptoms but BFN

Postby nattie07 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:29 pm

I am having the strangest experience. I have a 5 year old son. I got a positive test the minute I thought I might be pregnant and I couldn't have been more than 3 to 4 weeks at the time. Mostly healthy pregnancy with some cervix thinning too soon in the 7th month. I had a terrible birth experience where anything that could go wrong, did, but we both came through without any lasting medical problems. So that was 5 years ago.
I have not felt pregnant since then, but I started with bloating and nausea on Jan 19. I still have it and seem to gain a new symptom nearly every day since it started. On Dec 24th, I had a very unusual 11 day bleed. 7 days is normally my max. On Jan 15th, I had brown spotting for two days before my period was due. This never happens. When my period was due the next weekend, I had strong cramping and nothing more than a few scant wipes of brown. I am a small girl, about 120 lbs, with no health problems. I stopped taking my mini pill that weekend, just in case.
My symptoms include nausea without vomiting (never did with my son), excessive salivation, extreme bloating that never lets up, non stop mid and lower back ache (sometimes pretty severe), menstrual cramps almost daily, excessive burping, shortness of breath, loose feeling hips, pulling/pressure sensation above mons pubis, tailbone pain, vaginal/rectal pressure, physically urinating differently, less hair loss when combing my really thick, knotty long hair, sensitive gag reflex, chest cold and cough for a month now, dizziness and lightheadedness, insomnia, constipation bad enough to need metamucil, tingling "letdown" sensation on nipples, heartburn, no appetite til evening and craving grilled hamburgers only, very darkened nipples (not so much areaolas), large X of veins across chest from shoulders to areolas, every single vein in hands and fingers visible, veins across inguinal, veins all over thighs, veins just noticeable across stomach, heavy feeling uterus with pressure felt on bladder, very emotional and affectionate, very detailed dreaming, copious amounts of thick faintly yellow discharge that is round and sticky or long and stringy, thick, white creamy discharge on cervix since I started checking two weeks ago..... That is all I can think of, but isn't that enough? Where in the world is this coming from? I was NOT trying to get pregnant. I was on the mini pill, mind you I was taking it badly since we were planning on trying next year. New husband thinks he is sterile because not using condoms never resulted in a pregnancy with his ex who already had a child.
I made my first OBGYN appt since my son was born. I got a recommendation from girlfriends. I was very much afraid he would not take me seriously because of my negative urine tests, but I have so many symptoms that SOMETHING definitely has to be wrong. I thought he would at least listen to me and run some tests.
The Dr did end up treating me like I was crazy. I later described it as being treated like an uneducated Medicaid patient. I have worked in the medical field for years and have witnessed that.
He walked in, introduced himself, put his back to me and loudly announced that I was DEFINITELY not pregnant based on the urine test. He did not ask about my symptoms. He did not look at my crazy, blue veins all over my body. He kept his back to me almost the entire time. He gave me a very short vaginal exam to check for pain and a quick pap smear. He then ordered me a Mammogram because I just turned 35. I asked him what would make my body act pregnant. I asked him if my hormones were causing some sort of fake pregnancy. He laughed at me and said that he has never heard of that. I was either pregnant or I was not. He did order me a non obstetric ultrasound only because I complained of tailbone pain and rectal pressure. He ordered a thyroid test. That was it. He actually managed to get an attitude with me when he asked me if I needed birth control. That was maybe the first question he ever asked me. When I told him I would start BACK on the pill as soon as I get my period, he angrily said, "don't you think you should have mentioned that in the room?". What?!
I do not have my urinalysis or thyroid results back in yet, but I did have that ultrasound. I refused the Mammogram and everyone at the radiation center agreed that it was a good idea.
The ultrasound tech was amazing. She assured me that you CAN have a false negative and she looked for a sac. She did not find one. She took a ton of pictures of everything, but did not comment much. That is not her job. Considering my unusually long period and potential for late ovulation and implantation, I am still not discounting pregnancy. I have learned on my own that an HCG level of 5 can be perfectly normal before 6 weeks. I have learned that you can not see a sac until HCG has reached high levels, in most circumstances. I do not have urinary urgency like I did with my last pregnancy and I learned that HCG actually causes that.
The tech did find a cyst, and I have no history of these. I have learned that having a functioning cyst is completely normal in early pregnancy. I also had the symptoms of a tilted uterus with my last pregnancy. I could barely urinate. I developed a system of using kegels to cause the urine to fall out. It was awful. I also had very pronounced labor pains in my bottom, never in my stomach, while I was laboring.
As long as I have all these crazy symptoms, I will treat my body as if it is pregnant. Now it is just a waiting game. Waiting for my period, waiting for a competent dr to do hormone blood work, and waiting for me to potentially get further along.
I found this site quite a few times during all my research. I am honestly surprised that I haven't started my period or haven't stopped having all of these symptoms.
nattie07
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: walking example of pregnancy symptoms but BFN

Postby stephanieswan86 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:29 pm

Have you gotten the results back yet? There is something called Phantom Pregnancy or False Pregnancy where you could have all the symptoms of being pregnant without actually being pregnant. It's rare in humans but it does happen. It's why men have sympathy pregnancy while their wives are pregnant. I'm wondering if I'm going through the same thing because I was told this morning that I had a miscarriage last month but I started having symptoms after the miscarriage before I took a positive test. If you have any near by you should try and find a midwife. I've gone to midwives for all of my pregnancies (I have 3 kids) and they were great. NEVER COLD! They became apart of my family for 9 months. It was great. I hope everything turns OK for you
stephanieswan86
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby nattie07 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:28 pm

According to the Dr I saw on the 9th, he has never heard of a phantom pregnancy and I was foolish for even bringing it up. Of course, I know he is wrong. I will see another OB on the 26th. I thought about a midwife, but my last pregnancy put me on bedrest and the birth went very wrong from start to finish:(
This whole thing is so crazy to me. I will be sure to update when I get any definitive answers.
My cervix has been tightly closed and pointing towards my back for at least two weeks now. It is low and firm, so who can even guess what's going on lol.
nattie07
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby nattie07 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:46 pm

I am currently more confused than ever. My period is due this weekend. Yesterday morning I felt my cervix and it was mushy, low, and closed and came back with the same thick, creamy, white discharge. It has always been low and firm through this ordeal. This morning I felt my cervix and it was hard and closed. I came back with brownish blood. I had no pain, but I put on a liner. I felt excited to finally start! When the pain started at 8am, I popped a Tylenol. The pain was the normal awful pain I get and it was mostly around my right hip. The pain was gone by 930. I felt watery stuff coming out and I checked in the bathroom. The liner was clean but I wiped a watery pink. A couple hours later I felt sure something was happening, but when I checked, the liner only had dark stuff under the top. This time I wiped a tiny amount of brown tissue and no pink at all. I will take another test this weekend. I have another Dr appt on Friday.
I hope this is not ectopic.
nattie07
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby nattie07 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:17 pm

Just an update in case people are actually following this.
My problem is looking like some kind of hormone upset even though I have no active cysts. I am having to diagnose myself, incredibly. Maybe I am going through perimenopause or maybe stopping my mini pill is causing this. Who knows because I have seen two OBGYN's now and haven't received any helpful comments from either of them. I still haven't received an HCG blood test.
The second Dr ALSO told me that urine tests are 100% accurate, almost as soon as I got into see him. This caused me to lose all trust in him from the start because as soon as I started asking friends and family what they thought, I found out that I know or know of 4 women that couldn't get positive tests on urine tests. One of those women, a close friend of mine, had 6 kids that had to be proven by blood tests. The second Dr said some really ignorant things, like, "those don't sound like pregnancy symptoms....sounds like a GI problem". I am having copious amounts of thick, yellow tinged, super sticky, stretchy or blob discharge and every vein in my body can be seen pretty much. How in the heck is this a GI problem? And it is widely known that pregnancy symptoms cause GI upset. So, yeah, he referred me out to a GI doctor and to a primary doctor even though he advertises as a primary doctor too.
This doctor was pretty thorough other than the stupid things he kept saying. Like when I told him that my nipples had gotten a lot darker, he looks at them and tells me they don't look like they have changed. I had to get a little bit ugly and tell him that not everyone is textbook. My last pregnancy didn't change my breasts at all, not even when I breastfed. My entire areolas plump up for breastfeeding and then go right back to normal when I am done. I don't get those Montgomery tubercles either. Even I thought it was strange that my breasts did not change at all during pregnancy.
So anyway, he does an ultrasound and sees no change in my uterus and no corpus luteum cysts (that could be causing the symptoms). I still haven't ovulated because the follicular cyst was still sitting there in my ovary. I check my cervix every day, and every day it is closed and covered in a thick, white discharge. My stomach has grown just a bit, so I thought at least my uterus would appear bigger. I asked him if he could see an ectopic pregnancy if there was one and he tells me "you can't check those with these machines". So technically, I could be about another week or two from a ruptured ectopic pregnancy and he could care less. I'm thinking I don't have one because I should know by now. I haven't had a lot of bleeding or regular pain. I just have lower back pain and rectal and vaginal pressure. I was able to stop the dizziness with iron pills because I figured that might be the problem.
He took a lot of blood to check for menopause, a CBC, and another thyroid panel. My TSH was elevated last time, but I know that messed up sex hormones can alter that. I really wanted an HCG test and a hormone panel. I plan to see an endocrinologist next.
I am so disappointed in the medical system. I am never sick, and I don't go to doctors for anything minor. I don't even take my kid to the doctor. We just wait sickness out. I have really, really good insurance, but it doesn't seem to be doing me any good. Doctors are supposed to come to a diagnosis by listening to symptoms, but I can't get one to listen to me at all. In fact, they seem offended that I try to be a part of my own care. It is bizarre.
Good luck to you all!! I will update if I ever figure this out, but I no longer think I am pregnant. I am just having the lovely symptoms. Uggh.
nattie07
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:27 am

I am so sorry you are going through this. Over the years here, I've talked to a number of women who were sure they were pregnant because of symptoms but tests were negative. So far, nobody has ended up actually being pregnant. I know it is so frustrating and confusing going through this though. (((Hugs)))
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby nattie07 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:25 pm

Thanks;)
Unfortunately a lot of my symptoms match up with ovarian cancer, so I'm going to keep Dr hopping until I find one that wants to get to the bottom of this, instead of treating the symptoms.
I never had back pain with my periods and my back has been really killing me through this ordeal. Sitting is the worst. There is so much going on in my entire pelvic area. I do hope it stops or gets figured out very soon.
nattie07
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:53 am

Huge (((hugs))) for you. I hope you get your answer soon. Keep us updated.
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Am I pregnant?