Upcoming Changes

Please read before posting

Upcoming Changes

Postby Kay » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:00 am

This forum was started to help women going through a very difficult time. When The Misdiagnosed Miscarriage was first started, there was nothing out there on misdiagnosed miscarriages. In fact, many pregnancy boards were still denying that they happen. We knew differently. We'd had misdiagnosed miscarriages. So much has changed in the last 12 years. The word has gotten out. Women are questioning their diagnoses and doctors are taking note. You can go on just about any pregnancy board and find talk of misdiagnosed miscarriages.

We still have much to do because as you can see, women are still being diagnosed too quickly. Every woman deserves to know without a doubt if she is miscarrying before having her pregnancy ended. For that reason, this forum is an important one.

I find that I cannot even keep up with the number of emails I get from women wondering if they too are miscarrying. I've had some serious struggles (severe iron deficiency anemia) as a result of my two C-sections and just this last month had a hysterectomy.

I will be keeping the forum up. The misdiagnosed stories are of such importance. I may at some point transfer them to a blog due to the cost of keeping this site up. In the meantime, I will be closing down some of the subforums. I would like to keep this site as simple as possible.

I would continue to ask that if you have found this forum helpful, take a few moments to respond to a woman or two who is going through this scare. Really, the most important thing is to know that you are not alone and somebody understands.

Thank you so much for your understanding.
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Forum Information