Blighted Ovum

Blighted Ovum

Postby Holly86 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:31 am

I found out that I had a blighted ovum at 9 weeks and 4 days. This is my husband and I 3rd pregnancy, our two children are 9 and 5. I did the research and also read your stories on here. So I went and had a second opinion. :H There I was told the same thing, and they did another ultrasound 3 weeks later to only say that my sac grew only 1 day. At that point I knew that I needed to do something. Today I had another blood draw done and a 4th ultrasound. I had started to loose some brown mucus on Friday of last week so I of course took pictures to show my doctor. She then gave me a prescription for a pill that is suppose to help me "Clean it out". I will take that on Sat morning so I'm not at work incase of an emergency.

I was not sure how to feel I never had a miscarriage and I didn't know if it was possible for something like this to happen when I had 2 very healthy pregnancies before. Today after my ultrasound I noticed that I was starting to cramp. It was not like any "cramps" that I was used to, and I was doubled over in so much pain that I thought "This was it", that it was finally starting to happen only to be upset. P:( I went to the washroom and nothing was there. I had on a panty liner just to be on the safe side and still nothing. I have always had light periods so tampons and pads I had never used in my 30 years.

I had both of my children all natural and thought that I would be able to handle the pain, but this pain is not "normal". I was doubled over and crying and nothing seemed to help. I took a "extremely" hot bath for it to just "help" with some of the pain. I was not able to eat, drink, or even sleep. It got to the point that I told my husband he is going to have to take me to the hospital because I didn't know how much longer I was going to be able to handle it.

As the day went on (4 hours) I was able to FINALLY be able to fall asleep. I still have some cramping (like the normal kind for me) that I was able to be myself and function right. My husband and I told our children that mommy did not have a baby anymore and that we would try again. Our oldest (Boy) was so upset that he had cried :(O and our youngest (Girl) told us that was ok and that we can spoil them until a new baby comes. :)8 :) I know this is hard and I feel we are reacting the way God wants us to. We will continue to grow our family as long as it seems right. I still have faith and knowing that I have my family and friends support during this difficult times means a lot.

I just wanted to let you all know there is always hope and there is always another time. Don't give up just yet and there are reasons as to why this happened, or it could just be something that just is that, IT JUST HAPPENS. Don't loose faith and keep your heads up and continue to work through this, it only gets better.
Holly86
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Blighted Ovum

Postby Kay » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:21 am

(((hugs))) I am just so sorry to hear of your loss. Thank you for sharing your story.
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Conceiving after a loss or multiple losses