Need Ideas!

Need Ideas!

Postby Kay » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:25 am

Over the years, I get asked the same questions over and over which is why I created pages on topics such as:

Is there hope with an enlarged yolk sac?

Misdiagnosed miscarriages after IVF

Bleeding during the first trimester

and more

However, I know there are many, many more questions on the minds of women during a misdiagnosed miscarriage scare so I've started
the Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Musings blog

What topics would you like to read about? I can't promise I'll get to each and every topic but your questions might help so many other women.

Thank you!
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Re: Need Ideas!

Postby Jojoma » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:37 am

It would be great if you could do a post on HCG levels. Should they always double every 48 hours? Do they plateau at 8 to 9 weeks? What if they drop a little then? How accurately do HCG levels predict miscarriage?

I was told that I definitely have a blighted ovum based one small dip in HCG at 8 weeks and a single ultrasound where they couldn't see the heartbeat. It's confusing. I would love to see a post about this.
Jojoma
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:48 pm

I can do that. I've written before on how so many women here have had non-doubling hCG numbers and have been just fine. Also, hCG levels can rise, plateau and/or drop and still be fine. (((hugs))) to you and thank you!
my blighted ovum scare

If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby Jojoma » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:31 pm

It would be great if you you could include some information about "vacuum aspiration" on the site. Under the medical management section, I think all of the stories are about D&C. For me, the midwife is offering vacuum aspiration as an option since it has a smaller chance of complications and scarring. There is also a much shorter recovery time.
Jojoma
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:00 pm

That is a good idea. I just sort of lump them into the one 'surgical procedures' category but I know that would help women. Did you try doing a search of the site for MVA? I know we have stories here from women who have been through it.
my blighted ovum scare

Kay

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to About Us