Not a happy ending but may be useful to someone....

Not a happy ending but may be useful to someone....

Postby May B A Baby » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:15 pm

My Story

LMP = Sept 3, 2007
Started clomid 50mg 9-6-07 (cd's 3-7)
Positive OPK 9-15-07
Progesterone 46.5 9-24-07
+++++ Pregnancy Test at dr. 10-2-07
10-2-07 Beta HCG 110, Prog 35.2
10-4-07 Beta HCG 156 (not looking good)
Had bleeding and cramping 10-6-07 (bleeding was only on tp when I went to bathroom)
10-8-07 Beta HCG 390 (a bit more promising but still not doubling)
10-10-07 Beta HCG 511, Prog 31
10-12-07 Beta HCG 675
10-14-07 Had mild cramping (sort of like constipation) and light bleeding
10-15-07 HCG 599. Ultrasound showed empty uterus and apparant ectopic located close to my right ovary.
10-17-08 HCG 580
10-18-07 Methotrexate Shot to dissolve ectopic.

This was my third pregnancy, including one miscarriage in April 1999, Ectopic Sept. 2001, Now, ectopic Oct 2007. :(
May B A Baby
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Ectopic pregnancy

Postby Kal » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:31 pm

I'm so sorry for what you went and are going through. I had the same situation and still going through it. I found out that I was pregnant on Oct 5 I was so excited because I had a miscarriage in April of this yr. I thought everything was going fine and one night I came home and there was blood on my tp but it was different from my last mc I had no pain. I called the Dr and she said that it was just probably implantation and she set up an u/s went to that and saw nothing, my hgc levels were risen but not doubling. My Dr did hgc levels and u/s every week and still nothing. On Oct 23 I had a lapscopy and they removed my right tube and did a dnc but my hgc levels are still risen and she suggested the shot and it was given on Nov 2. I have a dr appt tomorrow and I am hoping they are going down because if not they will have to give me another shot. I'm so sad because I know I will be a good mother and my husband will be a good father and I just wish someone will give us a chance to prove that. This will be our first baby if it ever happens. Good luck to you
Kal
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby May B A Baby » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:26 pm

Hi Kal.
It sounds a lot like my situation. I continued to spot right after I took the shot for about one week and two days. Then I woke up at 1am with bad cramps that lasted about three hours. After that, I was pretty sure my cervix had opened back up and I had what seemed like a regular period. It lasted about five and a half days and now I feel like my body is back to its normal "not pregnant" state. I go for another hcg text tomorrow morning. My last test (last thursday) came back at 61. In 7 days it went from 354 to 61. I'm expecting it to be zero this time. I only had to take one shot but by the time I took that shot my levels were already slowly dropping.
I'm sure you will agree, it's such an emotional roller coaster. Not only is it a physical drain, it's a major emotional drain as well. To top it off, a girl I work with found out she was pregnant one week earlier than I did and now I have to watch her go through the next eight months being pregnant. I'm happy that hers is going well, though. But it is so hard seeing her every single day, getting a belly, and hearing her talk about it throughout the day. Sometimes I just want to get away so I can just have a good cry.

Good luck and thanks for sharing your story with me. I'll be looking forward to your posts.

thanks,
Kristie

:)
May B A Baby
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kal » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:43 pm

Well I went to the Dr. today and waiting to hear the results of my HCG levels. I am hoping that they are dropping. I got the shot last Friday and I really have no signs just the spotting but its only been 6 days so I'm sure my cramps and pains will becoming. Yes I agree it is an emotional rollercoaster and I just wish it was done. ( I hate to say that) but my husband and I just want to move on. ( Sorry if that sounds selfish but it isn't meant to be) I understand how you feel about your co-worker but be strong and just think one of these days you will have the same experience. I know its easier said than done but everyone is telling me that. I went into Target the other day and there was this newborn baby girl and she was so cute she must have been around 2-3 weeks and everywhere I went in that store she was right there and when I first saw here I had tears in my eyes and I looked at my mom and she told me don't worry one of these days you will have your turn. Its so nice to actually talk with someone who is going through similiar situations because that person knows exactley what your going through and how you feel. Well Good Luck in the future and keep me posted.

Thanks,

Jess
Kal
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby May B A Baby » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:13 pm

Hi Jess.
I got my results yesterday from my Thursday Hcg test. They were below 5...... Yippee!! I am officially not pregnant (wow, I never thought I'd hear myself say that!! :( )
My hsg test is scheduled for next Thursday (Nov 15th). I am very anxious to know if my tubes are block or not.
So how are you doing? Did your levels go down? How are you feeling. I hope it's not too painful. I think I was lucky. It wasn't too bad for me. I could definitely tell when I was no longer pregnant. I didn't realize my breasts were so sore and swollen until the soreness went away and the swelling went down. I could tell a huge difference. (sorry, tmi!!).

Kristie
May B A Baby
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kal » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:18 pm

Hello Kristie,

Well congrats on your levels going down. I went Thursday and they went down a little and the Dr said I was in the guidelines but she wished they went down more. I have to go back Monday for another blood test and she said that if there not going down the way she wants them than she will give me another shot of methotraxite but I think I am going to tell her if they are still in the guidelines that I am going to let my body take it course and let it do what its suppose to. Good luck on your hsg test. Please let me know how you did. I will be going for that test in Jan. Talk to you later.
Kal
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Ectopic Pregnancy