Eptopic pregnancy questionable - help sorely needed

Eptopic pregnancy questionable - help sorely needed

Postby gemini1969 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:51 am

I was reading some of the posts, regarding ectopic pregnancy, and I it raised alot of questions - in regards to what I am going through.

I saw my OB/GYN for a pevlic exam and blood work, as a follow up visit. Originally, I went to the OB/GYN as I had 1 day of light cramping and spotting (off and on) ever since. I have had the spotting for 6 days, as of today. I received a call from the Dr's office, stating I had to return for an U/S and more blood work on Monday (I saw him on Thurs) - as he suspected either an ectopic pregnancy or miscarriage. They really pointed to the fact that my numbers did not increase the way they should have (yet, they never did give me the numbers over the phone) - so they have basically doomed my 1st pregnancy.

My question to anyone diagnosed with an ectopic pregnancy - did they see a gestational sack when they did u/s? On my first u/s they did see a sack, so I was curious if that happened to anyone else.

Thank for any advice, information you may have.

Julie
gemini1969
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby namaste11 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:17 am

Julie -

I'm really sorry you're going through this. I'm also sorry I don't have any experience or advice in this area. I just wanted to let you know somebody DID read your post, and is thinking good thoughts for you that things will turn out ok.

I know there is someone on this board that can speak from experience about ectopic pregnancy. Hopefully you'll get some good replies soon.

I hope you'll keep us posted.

Be well,
E> Andy
Andy (38) and Jack (36)
Anna Kate (7y) Jacqueline (5y) Alexandra (2y) Samantha (2y) Vanessa (newborn)
5 precious souls in heaven playing with our dog McKinley
namaste11
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby april1979 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:22 am

There is a such thing as a psuedo sac. It can appear to be in the uterus, when in fact it is in the tube. You should be monitored VERY closely. If you have any bleeding or increase in pain, you should be seen again, until the HCG decreases significantly to be sure that if it is in the tube that it has shrunk. Please keep us posted...
april1979
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

back from U/S

Postby gemini1969 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:34 am

Thank you both for responding...

I did get back from the Dr's office and my U/S - it appears that my pregnancy is not ectopic (whew!) and I was informed that it may be an impending miscarriage - but to still continue taking my prenatal vitamins. I get my blood level information tomorrow. Hoping they still continue to go up (fingers crossed)

Until then, I wait (which is the hardest part).

Julie
gemini1969
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby namaste11 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:48 am

Julie -

I'll be praying for good results and patience to get through the waiting.

E> Andy
Andy (38) and Jack (36)
Anna Kate (7y) Jacqueline (5y) Alexandra (2y) Samantha (2y) Vanessa (newborn)
5 precious souls in heaven playing with our dog McKinley
namaste11
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby qteejackson » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:22 pm

Julie,

Yes, I had an ectopic pregnancy back in June 2006. I had started light cramping a few days before, which I thought was normal PMS because that's what usually happens to me before my period. Then, I started light bleeding, which I thought was my period however, my breasts were soooooo sooooooo sore and tender that I could barely lay on them AND the bleeding was constant so I knew something wasn't right. My breasts normally get sore about a week before my period and then as soon as my period begins, the soreness goes away. Also, the first two days of my period are usually medium flow, by the third day it's tapering off. Well, this time it didn't so my husband suggested I take a preg test and I did. It came back positive and I couldn't believe it so I took 4 more at different times and they all came back positive. However, I felt in my gut that something wasn't right because I was still cramping and still bleeding. Went to the doctor and they did an ultrasound. Did not see a sac or anything. My uterus was empty. So doc said it was probably ectopic, but he wanted to wait a few days to make sure because he said I could have ovulated late and it just hadn't made it into my uterus yet. Several days later and another ultrasound, still no sac. Diagnosis was ectopic pregnancy. I was fortunate though because I had no pain whatsoever. He was able to give me a shot of Methotrexate to dissolve the pregnancy. I recently had a D&C in Jan 07 due to the baby had stopped growing however, hubby and I are going at it again.

I just wanted to share my story and give you some encouragement. Hope all went well.
Jeneane

Me-40, DH-34 (No children)
Ectopic 6/06 - Miscarriage (by D&C) 1/07
qteejackson
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

I'm sorry you're going through this......

Postby May B A Baby » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:21 pm

My first u/s was at 6 wks. Ectopic was suspected. I had some light bleeding twice that lasted a couple of days.
My numbers didn't go up like they are supposed to. During my u/s nothing was seen inutero. They did see some sort of mass or object in my right tube close to my ovary. I just had methotrexate shot on thursday oct 18.
My numbers actually started dropping a bit. That is why, along with the u/s, I chose to go ahead with the shot. I hope everything turns out alright for you. It's been a very emotional roller coaster ride for me. I've gotten off that roller coaster and stepped in line awaiting my next ride. Good luck to you.

Kristie :H
May B A Baby
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Ectopic Pregnancy