Looking for advice/opinions on possible ectopic

Looking for advice/opinions on possible ectopic

Postby Busymommy » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:00 am

Exactly 3 years ago I had an ectopic pregnant (my due date then compared to my due date now differs by 7 days). My LMP was 8/3/14. I had a positive HPT on 08/31/14 and had been spotting brownish old blood for about 3-4 days at that point. The next day, my bleeding picked up and became a heavy flow. I had my first hCG drawn on 09/03 and it was 185 with a progesterone of 4.9. I was placed on oral progesterone 200mg once daily. My hCG on 09/05 was 121 and the doctor said I could stop the progesterone. My level yesterday, 09/08, was 218 and a retest showed 204. There was a slight increase. I started the progesterone again last night and so far today my bleeding has slowed as it has consistently been a heavy flow since 09/01/14.

By yesterday morning I was okay with the fact that I was going to miscarry and I felt blessed and lucky that it was not another ectopic pregnancy. Now, I feel like I might be looking at either MTX (methotrexate) or surgery. I don't want to do either but leaning more toward MTX if I have to choose.

Has anyone had a situation like this? If so, what was the outcome? I am suppose to go in tomorrow to discuss options and next Thursday he said he could do a sonogram to see what is going on. Today, I am 5 weeks 2 days, so it is still too early for a sono plus with my numbers being low, I doubt we would see anything. :sos

One part of me is holding on to hope that this can turn into a viable, successful pregnancy, but the other side of me knows that it doesn't look good.

I have 3 kids already; 13-year-old DS by adoption, 9-year-old DD by IVF (FET) and 7-year-old DD by natural conception. I have had 1 miscarriage during my IVF cycles and 1 ectopic in September of 2011. I have tried to turn to family but all they tell me is I don't need any more kids and I should have a hysterectomy. I could understand this if I wasn't married or if we weren't financially stable. I need support not negativity please. We were not trying for a baby the last 2 times that we have gotten pregnant but have always said we will leave it up to God.
Busymommy
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Looking for advice/opinions on possible ectopic

Postby Kay » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:57 am

First of all, (((Hugs))) I am so sorry for how your family is treating you (or what they are saying). Sometimes the people that should be closest to us hurt us the most unfortunately.

I'm not a medical professional but with all the women I've talked to over the years, I know you need to really stay monitored because those hCG levels look suspiciously like they might be ectopic. Stay closely monitored and keep us updated.
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby Busymommy » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:17 pm

Thank you Kay. I am still feeling like it is possibly ectopic but my doctor is a little more optimistic. I got in Friday for another blood draw and he has increased my progesterone to 200mg vaginal suppositories. My bleeding seems to be slowing and I am only wearing panty liners.

I am trying to not get my hopes up, but man its hard!
Busymommy
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:12 pm

I know it is. (((hugs))) I hope you get your answer on Friday. Let us know.
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby Snowflake779 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:13 pm

So I had IVF with a frozen donor embryo on 20june. 9 days later my hcg came in at 60. Not good. At 11 days it was 65. Not good. Then at 15 days it was 103. Told possible ectopic. At 16 days it was 156. Now I get blood and ultrasounds every two days. At 18 days it was 238 and nothing on ultrasound. Told to get a d&c. Which I refused. If it is ectopic outside of uterus that will do me no good. At 20 days post IVF it's now 364 and still nothing on ultrasound outside of a fluffy line in my uterus. Different doc, still thinking ectopic. Have to go back on Sunday. Still don't expect to see anything and assume I will be back on Tuesday. Losing hope. Today is 5w3d. No bleeding. No cramping. And only extra sense of smell. Ugh.
Snowflake779
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Ectopic Pregnancy