Ectopic??? What is going on??? *UPDATE*

Ectopic??? What is going on??? *UPDATE*

Postby homebirthmomma » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:37 pm

[color=#4080BF][color=#FF40FF][/color][/color]Hi everyone! My name is Bobbi, I am new here. I am pregnant with my 4th child. I have 2 healthy little ones, one mc, and this pregnancy, which no one can tell me what is going on. I found out Sept 30 that I was pregnant again after having a mc in June :'( My midwife confirmed it with a blood test on Oct 1st. Hcg was at 613 , I think? Anyways, I was already paranoid because of the last mc! So a week later I took another hpt ( so I could see the line get darker;) ) And the line WAS NOT darker!! I called my midwife in a panic and she ordered more blood work. lab results came back as showing no signs of ever being pregnant??? She said that it had to be wrong because not even a week ago they were at 613. So she brought me in for u/s. We saw NOTHING. No sac, no baby, nothing. She had me go back to the lab and had me tested again. This time hcg was 11. This was on Oct 10th, we also did hpt and it was negative. She told me I would be mc'ing. Then on the 14th I took another hpt because I have had NO bleeding, cramping , or anything that would resemble a mc. The test came back instantly positive???? I went to the ER on Sat the 16th. They did an u/s, and still saw nothing!! My hcg had risen to 251 from an 11 just 5 days before??? They said they could not see anything in my fallopian tubes , but they could not rule out ectopic because it might still be to early to tell. They said they did see something on my right ovary, but could not confirm if it was a cyst or ectopic. They said follow up with an ob on monday (today). I talked to my midwife and she said that I should definitely see an ob. So I called them and they are getting me in Thursday, but to go straight to ER if I have ANY pain or bleeding, which I don't as of now. So I am sooo confused, sad, and scared! I don't know what is going on/?? Can you have an ectopic with no symptoms??? NO pain, bleeding? Could this by ANY chance be a new pregnancy? I just have sooo many questions with no answers!! Anyone have any insight? Thanks ladies, please keep us in your prayers!!!

UPDATE-
I went to the OB appointment on Thursday, the did u/s and blood work. Beta's came back at 2672! They were at 251 on Sat ( well Sunday morning at like 12 or 1 am) . So they are still on the rise. They could not see anything in my tubes as of now. They also said the cyst they saw on my ovary in the ER, the one they could not confirm if it was a cyst or ectopic, was gone! They still could see nothing in the uterus, except maybe some fluid?? Might be the start of a gestational sac! She said right now everything looks "normal"!??! WHAT!!??!! She said that it looks like i might only be a few weeks pregnant and that in a few days (7-10) they would hope to see a baby in the uterus! But she also said they could not rule out 100% that it's not ectopic :( I was told to come back in 7-10 days for another u/s, but to go to ER if any pain or bleeding. I still have had no pain, no bleeding, which is a good sign I guess. I just don't know how to feel right now! Im scared to hope, but its hard not to!!! Things just don't make since. I have been hcg positive for 22 days now.
Oct 1st - 613
Oct 6th - 2
Oct 11th - 11
Oct 16th - 251
Oct 21st - 2672

Could I have gotten pregnant again?? Could the first test on Oct 1st, be an error, and all the rest are right, which would indicate a normal but early pregnancy, right?? Please, any insight or response is appreciated!!! Thank you! I will update again as soon as i know anything!
Last edited by homebirthmomma on Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
homebirthmomma
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Ectopic??? What is going on???

Postby homebirthmomma » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:50 pm

Can anyone give me some feedback??? I am desperately, desperately looking for answers!! I really appreciate any feedback!!!
homebirthmomma
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Ectopic??? What is going on???

Postby sweetpea1500 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:19 am

Dear Homebirthmama,

Oh, my! I am so sorry you are going through all this anxiety. I do hope you can try to put as much of your worry aside for the sake of your own peace of mind, the baby you are most likely carrying and your precious family.

Time is your friend right now. Just remember that 30 years ago you would know only that you had missed your period. There were not HPT, no HCG levels, no scans! Let your body do it's work and trust that all will be well.

All of these tests seems cause SO much anxiety. Every woman is so very different and there are so many variables with many viable pregnancies falling outside the "norms". So try to ignore all this technology if you possibly can. The only thing that matters at this point is taking care of yourself.

We know that depression can effect a fetus adversely so it would seem that stress would do so as well. Try to remember that worrying today does nothing to change tomorrow...it simply robs today of it's joy.

I hope you can hold your little ones tight and trust that all will be well.

With love to you from Sweet Pea
sweetpea1500
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Ectopic??? What is going on??? *UPDATE*

Postby homebirthmomma » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:08 pm

another u/s tomorrw. Praying for answers! still no bleeding or pain. I will update when i know something.
homebirthmomma
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby sweetpea1500 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:07 am

How are you? I have been thinking about you and hope you got some good news yesterday.

with hugs to you from Sweet Pea.
sweetpea1500
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby homebirthmomma » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:10 pm

Thank you sweet pea! I appreciate you responding to me and for thinking of me!! I went to Dr today. The u/s showed a gestational sac and a yolk sac IN THE UTERUS!!!! I couldn't believe it!!! dr says i look to be a little less than 6 weeks. She said is is normal to not see the baby yet. I did have some cramping and a tiny bit of blood earlier this morning :( They took some blood to check my hcg. THey are doing another u/s in a week. I hope to see my baby!!!! I know this still may end in m/c, but i am so relieved that it's not ectopic and there is hope still!! Things still don't make since with my lab results starting on Oct 1st, the Dr said there could have been a lab error. Im thinking i may have gotten prgnant again??? don't know. Only God knows and everything is in His hands!! He is the blessed controller of all things!! I will keep everyone updated!!! Im praying now that this baby keeps growing like it should!
homebirthmomma
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby sweetpea1500 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:03 pm

What wonderful news, Homebirthmamma!! :)8

I am so very happy for you! Getting over this hurdle is really fabulous news! Sounds to me like it is just too soon to see the baby. My dear daughter was told at 6 weeks that she might have a BO because they could not see a fetal pole and when her levels dropped at that point they said she would miscarry. BUT at the 8 weeks scan there was an on track little one with a HB. DD is now at 19 weeks!

The spotting you have is very likely nothing. It is so common, I hope you won't let it worry you. I will be thinking positive thoughts!!

hugs to you from Sweet Pea
sweetpea1500
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby homebirthmomma » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:22 pm

I have another u/s on Wednesday! So far no more spotting or cramping, so this is great news! Praying we see a baby this week! Oh what a miracle that would be:) keep you updated!
homebirthmomma
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby sweetpea1500 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:16 am

Thank you, Homebirthmama! I am sending positive thoughts your way for the appointment tomorrow.

Good Luck!! E> E> E>
sweetpea1500
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby homebirthmomma » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:19 pm

WE FOUND A BABY!!!!!!!!!!! B) HAD AN ULTRASOUND TODAY!! BABY IS MEASURING 6 WEEKS 4 DAYS. HEART BEAT 124 BEATS PER MINUTE!!! IM STILL IN SHOCK!! I MUST HAVE GOTTEN PREGNANT AGAIN! THATS MY THEORY ANYWAYS, BECAUSE I FOUND OUT I WAS PREGNANT SEPT 30TH WITH A HPT. THE NEXT DAY A BLOOD TEST CONFIRMED I WAS PREGNANT! 5 DAYS LATER HCG DROPPED ALL THE WAY TO 2! I WAS TOLD I MISCARRIED OR HAD A BLIGHTED OVUM. 5 DAYS AFTER THAT HCG WAS 11. 5 DAYS AFTER THAT 251,TOLD I COULD HAVE AN ECTOPIC PREGNANCY. 5DAYS LATER 2762 , 6 DAYS LATER 16911. TODAY WE SAW A BABY!!!! WITH A HEART BEAT. LAST THURSDAY THEY RAN BLOOD TO TEST PROG, IT WAS LOW, 8.3. THEY STARTED ME ON PROG SUPPLEMENTS THIS MONDAY. 100MG TWICE A DAY. BUT THEY SAW A BABY TODAY, SORRY I ALREADY SAID THAT, BUT IM SO EXCITED!!!!

HERE IS A LIST OF WHAT MY HCG DID

SEPT 30- VERY LIGHT POSITIVE HPT
OCT 1- 613
OCT 6- 2
OCT 11- 11
OCT 16- 251
OCT 21- 2672
OCT 27- 16911

OCT 28TH PROGESTERONE 8.3, STARTED PROG SUPPLEMENTS.

I WILL KEEP YOU UPDATED!! THERE IS HOPE!!!!
homebirthmomma
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby sweetpea1500 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:58 pm

Wow!!! No wonder you are excited.... B)

What really WONDERFUL NEWS!!!! I am so very happy for you. You are proof once again that everyone has a slightly different story. Being an "outlier" with the statistics doesn't mean there won't be a beautiful little baby in the end! :)8

Congratulations!!! E>

Sweet Pea
sweetpea1500
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Ectopic Pregnancy