moved to ectopic cause thats my story

moved to ectopic cause thats my story

Postby mom2be#3 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:22 pm

Ok here it is, possitive pg test last Thursday. SERVERE cramping stated 2 days ago. Went to hospital last night, did urine, blood work, u/s. blood work showed my hcg levels at 2000, u/s showed a sac that the tech said could be fluid and that there is no fetus there. After 5 hours in the ER, and no answers, the PA on duty told me that i needed to come back in 48 hours to check my hcg levels again and get another u/s. I am freaking out! They kept throwing around ectopic preg or miscarrage. WHAT??? I have had two preg, great pregs, two healthy boys with no problems. So, here i am with #3 and after reading this board, i am praying that it is just still way to early. I will go back on Tuesday (tomorrow) to see if my levels have changed. I am so scared! I have a 19 month old and I am ready for number 3!! There was alot of gas shown on the u/s so I am hoping that the cramping was cooming from the gas and nothing severe!!
I'll update tomorrow after some more news! :H :*(
Hopefull mom for #3

mom2be#3

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:17 am Post subject: UPDATE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I went it. my hcg levels only went up to 2200 after 48 hours. The did another u/s which ended up showing that the baby was infact in my tubes. I went in for emergency surgrey on Tuesday night, the baby had already started to rupture my tubes, so there was interrnal bleeding. when they went in they did have to take out my entire left tube. I am home now, in pain from surgrey, and sad, even though i was only weeks preg, the baby was something that I was looking forward to! I have a 19 month old baby boy at home and I am enjoying every minute with him, even though I cxan not pick him up for 7 days! Good luck to everyone, and I pray u all have health happy babies They couldnt tell me exacally how far along I was or anything else, they just told me that I was luck to have gotten to the hospital when I did.
Hopefull mom for #3

Hopefull mom for #3
mom2be#3
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby sascha » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:44 am

i'm so sorry for your loss...i'm also very sorry they removed your tube, i hope you heal well..i have been told that having one tube does not mean you only have half the chance of falling pregnant again it's a real miracle how our bodys work..i pray you have a fast and healthy recovery and i wish you all the very best for your future...
sascha
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby cheriemonty » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:17 pm

Does not sound like an ectopic if you have a sac in the uterus, I have never heard of this at least. An ectopic is a pregnancy outside the uterus therefore nothing would be in the uterus.
cheriemonty
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby cheriemonty » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:19 pm

Sorry missed the second part of your post. I am sorry for your loss.
cheriemonty
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby mom2be#3 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:28 pm

thank you. I am actually scared at this point to even try ti get preg again. I have a 19 month old little boy, I just wanted to add to the family! I know that everyday will get a little better.
Hopefull mom for #3
mom2be#3
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby jenjenny » Wed May 06, 2009 2:50 pm

Sorry, Mom2be. Don't be scared to try to get pregnant again. With 2 healthy boys from great pregnancies, your ectopic was probably just a fluke. It happens. I had an ectopic on my 6th pregnancy and believe me -- I've been checked out over and over and over -- there's nothing there that should cause an ectopic. I lost a tube too, and it took me a bit longer to get pregnant again (4 months I think?) because you obviously have to catch the right (or left, in my case) month. :)

But you definitely need to wait the 3 months to recover before you try again. My son will be 4.5 when his little brother will (hopefully) be born. That wasn't my ideal age gap, but hey. It's what life gave me and we'll make it work.
Jenny
6 Losses but 2 HH Amazing Boys!
jenjenny
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby april1979 » Fri May 29, 2009 10:47 am

Any update?
april1979
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby AshleyMarie » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:01 pm

i also had what appeared to be a sac in my uterus but upon doing a D&C and having pathology go over it there were no products of conception, it was the sac they saw in my ovary. i'm contemplating the MTX shot, or if i think the risks are too high and going for surgery.
Me-Ashley(19)
DH-Kyle(18)
B/O-4/13/09[Isaiah Bradley]
AshleyMarie
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

ectopic pregnancy

Postby airbornewife04 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:55 am

mom2be#3
I just read your story and it sounds like mine. We found out we were pregnant October 8, 2008 and a week later had to go to the ER with cramping and bright red bleeding. They did u/s which showed nothing in the uterus no sac nothing but i had the pregnancy hormone. I went in to my OB that monday and she did multiple u/s to make sure and it looked like it was in my left tube. I took the mexotricate shot after being in the hospital a night for not wanting to terminate. my levels went from 5900 to 6050 that night. on the 4th day of the shot had to get my blood drawn and it took 8 tries to get blood. the next day my tube ruptured. I went into shock. Within 20 min of arriving at the er i was rushed into emergency surgery. I lost the baby, my left tube and a liter of blood. My levels from the 4th day of the shot was over 9000. I didnt have any risk factors for an ectopic pregnancy. Have two girls that were normal pregnancies and Im only 24. We are currently 15w4d pregnant right now after 6 months trying after my surgery.
airbornewife04
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Ectopic Pregnancy