fingers crossed

fingers crossed

Postby sascha » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:48 am

i was 6 weeks pregnant and my hcg levels didnt go higher than 230..i had an u/s and found out it was an ectopic pregnancy..stayed in hospital overnight and the following day was given 1 shot of the methotrexate..i hope it works with not too much side effects, i dont want to have any surgical precedures..im 28 and this was our first pregnancy..about 11 years ago i was diagnosed with pelvic inflammatory desease so i know for a fact that had everything to do with it (according to google)..i will be getting my medical records next week to go through the procedure i had to see what they exactly did and hopefully how well they did it..im hoping that my tubes werent badly scarred because i dont want to go through it again even though my chances have increased alittle having one already...apparantly we can start trying again in 3 months, i hope the methotrexate will be out of my system then..wish us luck :)
sascha
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:57 pm

Let us know what you find out from that report. A number of women here have gone to have successful pregnancies after an ectopic pregnancy so hang in there :)
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby sascha » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:18 am

i took my medical report to my GP and asked him to explain it to me.. i had an idea of what they did to me but needed to be sure..the operation report showed several findings..this is what they found...fluid in pelvis, uterus-acutely inflammed and a few adhesions from previous PID ? i wasn't aware that i had any PID symptons before so it must have been a very mild case to begin with and didn't need to go to any doctor for...they injected my left and right fallopian tubes with ink to see if they were blocked or not and apparantly my tubes and ovarys are ok..they ended up doing a peritoneal washout procedure to flush out the infection..i have no idea where they found the scar tissue or how many exactly but all findings were consistent with the PID...i asked him if there was a procedure where they could see exactly where they are and he told me that another laparascopy could infact cause more adhesions so i won't be finding that out in a hurry..the ectopic pregnancy i had was in my left tube so i don't know if the right one has any scar tissue or not...we will have to wait and see..here's to hoping and praying... :H i hope this has helped, i wouldn't have known any of this if it wasn't for the good old internet.. :)
sascha
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:12 pm

Well, add me to people praying for you. Hopefully everything goes smoothly the next time. It is good news that you know all this so that you can remain closely monitored. Knowing those tubes and ovaries are okay is really good news as well!
my blighted ovum scare

If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby sascha » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:34 am

its been two weeks since the methotrexate shot and my levels are below 5 now...so i might start taking folic acid next week and give my body a few months to heal before we start ttc again...my levels were very low to start off with so the shot worked with little side-effects...apparantly it leaves your body after 48 hours however alittle still remains, its all confusing to me...i just hope that it is completly gone when we try and have a healthy pregnancy if we can...good luck to all i wish you all the very best :)
sascha
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:23 pm

Sascha, I hope you keep us updated. We're all pulling for you. I truly hope you have the best of news within the next few months.
my blighted ovum scare

Kay

Postby sascha » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:03 am

well i thought i would share what has been happening so far...i saw my doctor today and he told me that both my tubes are definetly scarred from the infection i had many years ago...april the 10th will be 2 mths since the metho shot and he has given us the go ahead to ttc in a months time..he has also mentioned a few other things that got me worried but you know doctors always giving you the worst scenario case..if i have another ectopic pregnancy he says that i should remove the tube and to start thinking about IVF...he also metioned removing both tubes for IVF because there is a chance the egg could migrate back in them, its a very small percentage but it happens...its a very big decision to make so i wont be making that one up in a hurry thats for sure...praying that all goes well for us in the next few months :H and hoping that we wont need to make those decisions for our future, however i know that this is all out of my hands and as much as i hate hearing it i know that i am going to have to be patient and to wait and see..i will keep you posted :)
sascha
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:02 pm

Sascha, hopefully everything works out this next time and you won't have to make any of those decisions.

I'll be keeping a watch for your updates!
my blighted ovum scare

Kay

Postby sascha » Sun May 17, 2009 5:25 am

hi all thought i would keep you updated..it has been 3 months now since the shot and i recently had a positive pregnancy test...i am 4 and a half weeks and praying that my liitle one has found its way into my uterus hoping that it isn't anywhere near my tubes..i will be going to my doctor this week to check my HCG levels and hopefully they will be where they should be..i'm trying not to think negative...it does feel alittle different this time and i'm not feeling any discomfort, i know it is still early days but all i can do is think positive and look after myself until we know for sure whats happening...i will keep you posted... :H
sascha
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby lw8843 » Sun May 17, 2009 7:38 am

:)8 Congratulations! I will be praying for you that you get positive results this time around. I know of many women who've had an ectopic and went on to have normal pregnancies. I hope you can be added to my list.
~Laura~ DH Jacob
DD Haylee October 20th 2006
DD Hannah August 12th 2009
EDD~7/1/2011
Angel babies #1 March 21st 2008-D&C 6 weeks #2 August 20th 2008 12.5 weeks
lw8843
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Sun May 17, 2009 4:17 pm

Congratulations! Keep us updated.
my blighted ovum scare

Kay

Postby sascha » Tue May 26, 2009 1:13 am

well i went and saw my doctor...he wanted to give me two blood tests to see how my levels were going..the first one was 6895 at just over 4 weeks...two day later the levels definetly doubled to 14330...at 5 weeks i went in for an U/S, he told me he wanted to see where the pregnancy was and that we would only see the sac in the uterus :H ...well we did see it thank God...so far so good..i will be seeing him again in a few days for another U/S at 6 weeks, hoping we see our baby then...i pray this pregnancy goes well.. i don't know why but i don't think i'm ever going to be fully relaxed about this pregnancy not until i have my baby safe and sound in my arms..i can't believe it got through those tubes :)8 ...i will keep you all posted...miracles do happen :)
sascha
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby hopeful@30 » Thu May 28, 2009 11:10 am

Congratulations Sascha! I just read your story and am crying tears of joy for you right now. I too suffered an ectopic with my first pregnancy ever and am hopeful the next egg will find it's way to my uterus too!

I've still got about another month to wait before ttc again, but I'm counting down the days!

What a miracle! I'm so happy for you!!!
hopeful@30
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Sat May 30, 2009 2:24 am

Oh that is good news! I think once any woman has a miscarriage or miscarriage scare, pregnancy changes. It is tough not to worry. You have some great news though and I am just so happy for you!
my blighted ovum scare

Kay

Postby april1979 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:13 pm

This is really promising...I pray that you continue to get GREAT news!!!
april1979
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby sascha » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:57 am

about 15 weeks :)O< now, its hard to believe that about 5 months ago i would be where i am right now...baby is doing well so far..moving around alot, sometimes i think i can feel it, could be just alittle bit of gas though lol...i pray everyday for this little blessing..i know that a gift so great is only one God can create and i will be reminded everytime i see my babys face... E>
sascha
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby leahtito » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:36 pm

I was just diagnosed with an ectopic pregnancy and took the Mexo shot today. Reading your story has really inspired and encouraged that future prgnancies are possible. You may already be holding your little one now and I wish you and your family many blessings.
leahtito
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby sascha » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:01 am

hi everyone...i recently gave birth to a beautiful little boy E> ..he is my little miracle baby...he is nearly three weeks old already and growing bigger and stronger everyday...it was a year ago i had the ectopic pregnancy and there isn't a day that goes by where i don't think of what i went through...however looking at my son reminds me of how lucky we are to have been given such a beautiful blessing and gift...i thank you all for sharing your stories and giving us all hope..
sascha
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:06 pm

Yay Sascha! I am so happy for you. I bet he is just such a beautiful little guy too. Did I already say that I am so happy for you! I really am.

Thank you so much for the updates. Unfortunately, too many pregnancies here end in miscarriage. Women need to know they can go on to have a successful pregnancy and that there is that opportunity to experience that joy. So, thank you!
my blighted ovum scare

Kay

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Ectopic Pregnancy