Possible Ectopic/May be M/Cing or messed up labs results

Possible Ectopic/May be M/Cing or messed up labs results

Postby Sherrig » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:52 pm

I am new here and I am thankful that I found this website.

I found out I was PG 2 weeks ago, I think I was 10DPO. Had terrible pain last Friday that took me to the ER thinking it was an EP. HCG level was 1700 (?). Internal and external U/S showed no sac in uterus or in tubes. They did tell me that I had a cyst on my left ovary and fluid in my uterus and that it may be too early to see the sac. My pain went away by Saturday and I have had none )other than normal cramps here and there) ever since. My 2nd blood draw Monday, results were 493. Was told that it still could be EP or I could be M/Cing on my own. My DH thinks that the lab screwed up and my numbers were actually 170 because my PG symptoms are getting worse, not lessening. They gave me the option to have the shot or wait and have more blood work done and another U/S. DH and I decided we would do that since he really thinks they screwed up. (they did an U/S to check my appendix and couldn't find it..(i've never had it out so it is in there somewhere).

Has anyone ever had a similar situation and what was the outcome? Would there be a chance that maybe two eggs were fertilized and one terminated on it's own and if so, would my numbers go down because of it (kinda like a vanishing twin) I was on clomid the month before and I do know that the time before when I took clomid I had 6 cysts on both ovaries and the RE couldn't tell how many eggs i released. (I still had cysts on my ovaries 2 months later and was PG both months).

I want so badly for DH to be right. We've tried for almost 3 yrs since my tubal reversal to have a baby and have had 5 M/C's. When we heard that first HCG number we were sure this one was a keeper. I'm so devastated. I just need a glimmer of hope.

Thank you for help.
Sherri G
Sherrig
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby namaste11 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:47 am

Hey Sherri -

I'm so sorry for your troubles right now, but I tend to agree with your husband because to have hcg levels of 1700 at 10dpo would suggest either twins or some serious issues. That's EXTREMELY high, when you figure the vast majority of women can't even get a positive HPT at 10dpo.

I'm really hoping they made a mistake, and though horribly scary for you, I have to say it seems to be the most logical thing.

I'm glad you've chosen to continue having blood work done, and I hope you'll post with more updates when you get new levels back.

E> Andy
Andy (38) and Jack (36)
Anna Kate (7y) Jacqueline (5y) Alexandra (2y) Samantha (2y) Vanessa (newborn)
5 precious souls in heaven playing with our dog McKinley
namaste11
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Sherrig » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:54 am

Just an update. I've had my 3rd numbers drawn and they too decreased to 227. So it wasn't a lab mistake but I am doomed to miscarry. I was also told that my progesterone was 13. I find this very alarming as I was taking four 200 mg pills a day. I would've thought my progesterone level would've been very high. I have my next blood draw on Monday to see how far my numbers have gone down and hopefully, i will be able to get back to 0 so I can get back on the TTC train by summer.

Sherri G
Sherri G
Sherrig
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Stace » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:03 pm

Hi Sherry,
I pretty much am in the same boat as you. I had a tubal reversal as well and I am currently working on my 4th pregnancy, except this one is a little bit different. With my other 3 miscarriages, my numbers were all very low, never even went over 300 and I pretty much miscarried on exactly my 6 week mark t a tee. WIth this one we weren't trying, we actually were leaning towards trying Invitro, so I wasn't really keeping track of when my last period started. The best I can remember is that I was on my cycle on Feb 9th, but I am sure I didn't start on that day, but anyways. My first level can in at 718!! I was overjoyed and immediately thought this was the one, God had finally blessed us. Then, my second HCG 4 days later I dropped all the way down to 81. My doctor was shocked that I had not started cramping, bleeding or anything, which I still haven't. Here is where everything starts changing, on my 3rd HCG level, 2 days later my levels went up to 117, not a huge increase, but better than going down right? My 4th level was done yesterday and it went up again, to 144, still very very low, but up. Now I am just scared that it may be ectopic, although I am still not showing any signs of a miscarriage, I am not feeling very hopeful at all since those numbers are so low. Everytime I go to the bathroom, which is about twice an hour, I expect to see blood, but nothing yet. If it is inevitable I wish it would just happen...
~~~Stacy~~~
Stace
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Sherrig » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:50 am

Stacy,

I'm sorry to read that you have to deal with this as well. I finally started bleeding and cramping yesterday and this morning I believe I passed the remains of my PG because of the size and color of it. I hope this will help decrease my bleeding and cramping as both were/are pretty bad. The worst part about this right now is I still have pregnancy symptoms, sore breasts, mild nausea, cravings and fatigue. It stinks so much having them knowing that theres's not a good outcome.

Be careful of those numbers. As you said it could be ectopic and heaven forbid you lose a precious tube because the Dr. didn't catch the tubal PG in time. Also I've been reading about the vanishing twin syndrome where your numbers go down because you have lost one embryo but the other one survives and your numbers go back up. I was hoping that was the case for me but obvioulsy not.

Keep me updated and I sure hope all works out for you. I go get my BW done tomorrow as well as I have Dr. appt to get checked out. I just brought up the subject of IVF again to Dh. I can't keep going through these M/C's. They are killing me emotionally and physically (I don't think my body can take another one, this one makes it 6 now).

Take Care
Sherri G
Sherri G
Sherrig
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Stace » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:36 pm

Well, here is the latest on me-I went on Weds for an u/s and just as I suspected they saw nothing however, my level continued to rise to 351. Doctor wanted me to have the mexotricate shot(or whatever its called) but I refused...I told him since I was starting to spot I would much rather miscarry on my own; he agreed but told me to come back on Friday for another HCG and u/s. Well Thursday I really started bleeding so the last thing I felt like doing is going and having another u/s done Friday...but I went; again, nothing seen on the scan BUT my HCG level about doubled it cam in at 708!!! My doctor didn't know what to say-he was beside himself completely-as was I. So here is my theory-tell me what you all think...I think that I was actually pregnant with twins-which would explain my high HCG on my very first test(718). and then I began miscarrying one of them-and now that I am actually bleeding and in the process right now-my levels are starting to go up as they should...does that theory make sense to anyone? Has anyone ever had this happen? My doctor didn't say I was completely out of my mind and was actually encouraged and hopeful about my level....I go back on Monday for a repeat scan and HCG level check...any feedback would be great!
~~~Stacy~~~
Stace
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Ectopic Pregnancy