update: shot or wait??? please help

update: shot or wait??? please help

Postby anthonywing » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:38 pm

Just an update, sorry if my situation seems overwhelming not looking for a diagnosis, just support. My #'s are at 626 as of mon. went today to do more blood. They doubled at first and are going up a hundred now every two days. Still no physical sighns of ectopic and still no blood just normal stuff. The doc still wont rule out ectopic even though he saw nothing around or in my tubes. my ? is if he says they are not doubling and I need to get the shot should I? :H In 8 hcg blood draws I thanklfully never went down and never stayed in the same # range. I dont want to abort my baby if it is in my uterus. Is it safe to continue to wait though if this indeed is ectopic? thank you ladies for all the great msg.'s!! It is nice to see that I'm not alone in my worry.
anthonywing
<b> </b>
<b> </b>
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:09 pm

Possible ectopic

Postby nosliwlirpa » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:13 am

Please don't take offense to this, but I have been in your shoes and want to share my experience. I had levels very similar to yours and went for 2 months of not knowing what was going on. A couple ultrasounds showed nothing in the uterus or the tube, only to find out after over 15 HCG tests, that indeed, I was victim of the ectopic pregnancy. They gave me the shot and it didn't work, because they had waited so long to diagnose me. Instead of giving me a second shot, they did a laproscopic surgery and I am now minus my right ovary and tube. Please just be careful, a possible ectopic is nothing to fool around with & with your numbers so low, it may be hard for them to see anything before it's too late. If you have any questions, please let me know...otherwise, keep your head up, ask your doc lots of questions & GOD bless!

April
nosliwlirpa
<b> </b>
<b> </b>
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:33 pm
Location: Elk Run Heights, IA

Postby MOMOF4SOONTOBE#5 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:20 am

I am so sorry you are going through this. Your hcg levels do have the "trend" of an ectopic pregnancy but if you have read others postings on this site hcg levels don't always tell the true story. I was misdiagnosed with a miscarriage, then ectopic pregnancy, it was neither I am currently 20 weeks pregnant. With your hcg levels below 1000 it is still to early to see a pregnancy in the fallopian tube or uterus.

It is a hard decision to make since an ectopic pregnancy can be so dangerous for the mother. Continue to get your hcg levels checked and insist that your doctor refers you to the hospital to get your u/s done with the best equipment. Any lower abdominal pain or bleeding immediatly go to the ER.

I wish you luck, please keep us updated.
Jennifer mother to:
DS age 11, DD age 8,
DD age 6, DD age 4
DS Born 6/9/08
MOMOF4SOONTOBE#5
<b> </b>
<b> </b>
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:17 pm

Postby bwilli » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:04 am

Just wanted to share my story since we seem to be going through the same thing.

I was not convinced that I truly had an ectopic - even after five ultrasounds showed nothing in my uterus. I couldn't understand why they couldn't see something, somewhere. But we never saw anything except for a cyst on my ovary which very well could have been the ectopic pregnancy - but no one can say for sure. All the while, my hormones went to 54,000 and I never had one bit of pain, cramping, spotting, etc.

I, too, was scared to death that I would be aborting a viable baby. I pictured myself stopping a beating heart. What finally convinced me to go ahead with the meth. shot was considering the facts and ethical/moral implications. They were as follows:

- if the baby was not in my uterus, it wouldn't survive
- I had five ultrasounds and found nothing in my uterus
- it would be cruel to let a fetus continue to develop knowing it would never survive.
- it would be wrong to continue to take chances with my own health and safety. I have a husband and 5 year old son who need me.

So, that is why I chose to accept the diagnosis of ectopi and get the injection. I urge you to gather as much information as you can about your own situation - HCGs monitored, high powered ultrasounds, a second or third opinion and then weigh everything before making any decisions. You won't be sorry if you proceed deliberately with careful consideration.

I know this really stinks to have to be going through this. We're here if you need us.

Beth
bwilli
<b> </b>
<b> </b>
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:49 pm

Postby anthonywing » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:50 am

Thank you guys so much. I do feel alone in all this because of my strange situation. I do want to go to er and get their opinion and see if they can see anything!! I did read that 47% of ectopic pregnancies show a drop in levels. I spent 15,000$ on my reversal and it would be horriable to lose a tube. I feel frustrated that my hcg levels are not being "conclusive enough" for them to rule out an ectopic. See the feeling I have is that if it is ectopic why was I pregnant then not, then pregnant. My doc said that theoritcally the olny thing that he can think of is vanishing twin. I'm in conversation with a couple of friends of mine that had ectopic and paying close attention to my body. It has been on my heart to seek another doc.'s opinion however I have such a complicated story and so many variables I'm afraid of the same opinion. I do have three other children 7,5,4. My husband does not currently have any children and despertally wants one. I feel so pressured and like my body is failing me. Thank you so much for your feed back it gives me great strength. If you havent already I do have my story under ectopic "vanishing twin or ectopic". I get the results today so I will let you know. Praying for wisdom.
anthonywing
<b> </b>
<b> </b>
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:09 pm

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Ectopic Pregnancy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest