Mifepristone & Misoprostol Combo - my experience

For women choosing to use medications to manage the miscarriage

Mifepristone & Misoprostol Combo - my experience

Postby JamiePgh » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:34 pm

Hi everyone,

My full miscarriage details, and how it was diagnosed, are in a long post here:
http://www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com/ ... 374#154374

My miscarriage was diagnosed officially during week 9, but had been suspected for weeks beforehand. Growth had stopped at 5w4d, making that how far along I technically was. There was never a fetal pole, just a gestational sac. A yoke sac was present, but only for a short time, before disappearing. I wanted a natural miscarriage, but I had no signs of one happening anytime soon. I had been waiting for a while, and my doctor didn't want me to wait any longer. She didn't recommend a d&c for me being so early along. She recommended Mifepristone & Misoprostol as a miscarriage inducer. I agreed to take it, because I couldn't wait any more.

Wednesday: I took one Mifepristone pill orally.

Thursday: 24 hours later (Noon), I had to insert 4 Misoprostol tablets vaginally. They were 200 mg a piece. Within 30 minutes of taking the Misoprostol, cramping started. At the two hour mark, I started passing pieces of brown tissue. Between hour 2 and hour 5, I passed what I believe to be the sac, and most of the tissue. The pain was never that bad, I had taken Motrin. The bleeding was never a scary amount. It was more than a period, but it was not as much as I had expected. I was preparing myself for the absolute worst. After hour 5, bleeding continued but there wasn't a great deal of tissue. I thought things would wind down. I mostly only bled when I was in the bathroom, and pushed. When I was laying down, I barely needed a pad. I believe this is uncommon, but I never filled pads. This is the same with my periods. My blood clots quickly, so it usually requires me pushing. I made a lot of bathroom visits because I knew this was how I was. I slept no problem - I was exhausted.

Friday: On day 2, I took two Motrin and had little to no pain all day. I went to lunch, went shopping, and went to dinner with my mom. I was happy, I thought it was over. I again only bled when I was in the bathroom, and very little on the pad. I again went to bed, no problem.

Saturday: I woke up at 4 a.m with excruciating cramps. These were far worse than anything I felt on Thursday. I felt like I was going to pass out from the pain. I got in the shower, and laid on the floor of the shower. I let the hot water hit my stomach, and that helped a bit. I took 2 Motrin, which kicked in quickly. They helped, but I could still feel the cramping to a degree. I was NOT bleeding very much, and this freaked me out. I felt like something was blocking the bleeding, because of how bad the cramps were. I was able to fall back asleep later on, but cramping picked up again in the afternoon. Again, cramps were horrible, I started having some more bleeding, but it was mostly clotting. I took more Motrin. At about dinner time, the cramping was at it's worst point, and the pain killers were doing very little. I decided to get a hot bath. This didn't help at all. I had one very sharp cramp that nearly made me pass out - and then I passed a huge piece of tissue. It was like nothing else I'd passed, and I was terrified of what it was. My mom, being as wonderful as she is, took a look. She believed it was a big part of my lining that came out at once instead of breaking apart. It was , no doubt, the cause of all the massive cramping. Once that passed, I had a lot of bleeding. This was the only time the bleeding startled me, because there was a lot. After exactly 1 hour, bleeding went back to it's usual amount, and the fear passed. The cramps stopped for the evening.

Sunday: On Sunday morning, I began having bad cramping again and I was getting frustrated. I hadn't taken any Vicodin yet, as I was afraid to take something that strong. Today I took a half a pill because I was tired of the cramping. It stopped the pain, and I slept most of the day. Took the other half that night when the pain started again. If I could do things differently, I would've taken the Vicodin Saturday as well, because that was the point that things were intolerable.

Monday: Not much different from Sunday. Lots of clotting type of blood, lots of cramping. This was odd to me, as it'd been quite a while since i took the medication to induce the miscarriage. I had read that it can take up to a week to pass everything though. I passed a pinky finger sized amount of tissue this day which caused some more bleeding than normal. Again, after an hour, the heavy bleeding subsided.

Tuesday: Today was a little better. I didn't have to take much pain medication. I took some as a precaution. My checkup is in 2 days, so I was happy things seemed to be winding down.

Wednesday: I was fine all day, didn't take any pain meds. Bleeding was almost gone completely. At 3:00 PM, everything changed. Started having cramps & bleeding all over again. It was only about 20-30 minutes, but it really really hurt. By the time I took 2 Motrin, it was over. Passed another smaller piece of tissue.

Thursday: My one week checkup was at 1:15 today. My doctor had to remove some blood clots with a long tweezer type instrument. She couldn't see my uterus without doing that. She noticed 3 smaller pieces of tissue left, and she removed those as well. That was pretty painful & uncomfortable. I was grateful she did it though, as I wanted the cramping & bleeding to stop. And it did stop throughout the day. Today is Saturday, and I am feeling almost completely back to normal. I have some brown spotting, but that's all. Cramps are gone.

My miscarriage is complete. I had no complications, I did not need a d&c. It was longer than I thought it would be, and that was the worst part of it. The pain was tolerable, but I wouldn't try to do it without vicodin. For me, the bleeding wasn't terrible. I never felt that I should go to the ER, I never felt the bleeding was too much. I was very scared to take this medication, but I am very pleased with the results. I avoided the risks of surgery, and that was what I wanted to do. I have been told to wait 1-2 cycles to try again, and I will. My body needs some rest for a few months.

If anyone has any questions about this medication, I'd been happy to talk to you about it. I think this way of dealing with it was fine - there's no easy way to have a miscarriage. I would consider doing it this way again if I had to, but I hope & pray that this was a one time thing.

E>
JamiePgh
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Mifepristone & Misoprostol Combo - my experience

Postby attorneyjcbeck » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:53 pm

Thank you so much for your awesome post. I am experiencing my third miscarriage (my full story is in the "Introduce Yourself" section). My first was natural and I pretty much experienced what you described without the kick start of the meds. I went into labor for about 2 hours after bleeding off & on for a week. The pain was horrible, but I passed everything at once and it was over. My second mc was a D&C, that was a breeze, but I wanted to avoid the hospital this time bc I have a 2 & 4 year old at home that need their mommy around - even if I'm sort of bedridden right now.

My 3rd mc - I opted to do the same med combo you are on. But I am taking everything orally and my great doc told me to take the vicodin with each dose, which has helped a lot and allowed me to rest. I started the meds on Thursday and take 3 doses a day. The cramping and bleeding started in about 2 hours. I've had cramping and have "pushed" on the toilet several times a day for the past 3 days. I've had some clots and tissue pass. I was exactly where you were in my pregnancy, just a gestational sac. I know from my previous experience that I have not passed everything yet and that there will likely be a very painful cramping and pushing episode to come.

My doc said if I started the meds Thursday I would have the mc over the weekend. I sure hope it finishes today cuz it is Sunday and I was planning to go back to work on Monday (I work from home, so it is not too stressful).

I will post again to update how everything finishes and if I have the same experience (I too found that the shower really helped with my natural mc. I pushed on all fours for about 45 mintues and heard a pop and everything came out.).

I am sending you big (((hugs)))) :)O and lots of best wishes & prayers for another BFP that sticks!! E>
Hugs, Jonelle
Me (39) DD(41)
Anabel 03/03/2006; Angel baby #1 09/07
Blake 07/17/08; Angel baby #2 01/09
Angel baby #3 08/10
attorneyjcbeck
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby JamiePgh » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:32 pm

Jonelle-

I'm so sorry it took me so long to come back here & read your post. Once I told my miscarriage story, I had a really hard time talking about it. It was like I put it out there, and just caved in. It's been almost a year since I conceived, and even though I have tracked like crazy, I still have not gotten pregnant again. So that's been really hard, and has kept me off the pregnancy boards.

I am so sorry to hear about your repeat miscarriages. You poor thing - I can't imagine how you must feel. I hope that you have possibly become pregnant again since you last posted. I am glad the mixed medications worked for you, and that your doc started you on vicodin. I wish mine had suggested to do the medications orally, as I am now terrified that taking them the way I took them somehow caused permanent damage.

In October, my doctor did an ultrasound to check some things out and said everything looked good. She tested all my hormones & they look good too. My husband had his sperm tested, and everything came out actually better than average. So I fear the medication caused major scar tissue, and blocked my tubes since that can't be seen on ultrasound. My doctor says I'm being paranoid, that the medication doesn't cause scar tissue. But I have not yet been convinced. I think taking them orally may be safer, but this is just my opinion, and I have nothing to back that up.

I hope that you have healed, and that you get a BFP soon that sticks! Thank you for sharing your story too, I think it helps so many women who come read these boards. E>
JamiePgh
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby JamiePgh » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:49 pm

Just an update on me after one year!

I got a positive pregnancy test today! I posted my entire story in my other post "long term effects question" right by this one. I started Clomid for low progesterone, and in one month it worked! Praying for a sticky baby this time around.

Good luck to everyone! You will get your BPF's too! E>
JamiePgh
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby jeevani » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:09 pm

after using the tablet i just got periods in the form of some pieces and i was happy at that time what should i do now im not getng periods now and i just took them orally both misoprostol and misopristone now im scared what shuld i do plzz reply fast its already two months at most near by...... or else i must die wich is the alternate option
jeevani
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby John Wharton » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:37 am

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. But combo of Mifepristone & Misoprostol is best medicines for abortion. This pregnancy termination kit is available in one single pill with various brands like Abortion pill, MTP kit, Mifeprex kit, Abortion kit, Mifegest kit. These all medicine is used to terminate unwanted or unplanned pregnancy till 9 weeks with safe home abortion method without surgical abortion process. There is no side effect after intake of these medicines for future pregnancy.

Abortion pill buy online
John Wharton
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby sarafrye » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:59 am

Mifepristone blocks the hormone progesterone, which is required to sustain a pregnancy. Without this hormone the attachment of a fertilized egg to the uterine wall is disrupted, and the uterus contracts. Misoprostol enhances contractions and helps to expel the products of conception from the uterus. Mifepristone with Misoprostol are proven to be highly effective, safe and acceptable for early first trimester abortions. The effects of this method of abortion include cramping and prolonged menstrual-like bleeding. Common side effects include nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. The risk of serious complication is exceptionally low. Research indicates that it is safe to perform the medical abortion procedure at home.
sarafrye
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby jualobataborsi » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:04 pm

John Wharton wrote:Thanks for sharing your experience with us. But combo of Mifepristone & Misoprostol is best medicines for abortion. This pregnancy termination kit is available in one single pill with various brands like Abortion pill, MTP kit, Mifeprex kit, Abortion kit, Mifegest kit. These all medicine is used to terminate unwanted or unplanned pregnancy till 9 weeks with safe home abortion method without surgical abortion process. There is no side effect after intake of these medicines for future pregnancy.

Abortion pill buy online

Pusat Jual Obat Aborsi Terpercaya / Obat Telat Bulan / Obat Penggugur Kandungan. Good Doctor Company memberikan Cara Menggugurkan kandungan dengan aman dan dipercaya oleh ratusan pelanggan, BUKTIKAN !!!

Atau mau lihat Jual Obat Aborsi Terpercaya atau cukup dengan Obat Aborsi ampuh
jualobataborsi
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Bangalore Call Girls

Postby suhanakhan » Fri May 19, 2017 3:56 am

Thank you for the information you provide, it helped me a lot! it's great that I known this site! Can you sharing some updates on how you have made this powerful post!
Bangalore Call Girls
suhanakhan
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Medical Management