cytotec not working?

For women choosing to use medications to manage the miscarriage

cytotec not working?

Postby momof4inFL » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:55 am

I was very nervous about taking the cytotec. I think I've come to terms with the loss of this pregnancy (my 5th). We consider ourselves so lucky to have 4 healthy children. I only had complications with my 2nd pregnancy (spotting 1st trimester and then 3 hospitalizations - two for excessive vomiting and a car accident at 8 months) He was born heathy but also has an autism spectrum disorder and dyslexia which I do wonder if the complications contributed to? I am 41 years old and wonder if my age and possible hormonal changes is the reason for the blighted ovum?
I took 4 pills orally as directed two nights ago and had cramping and some loose stools yesterday but no bleeding. I took the second dosage of 4 pills last night and so far nothing. I was diagnosed with the blighted ovum at 10 weeks (I was sure of my dates since I was charting, but it's possible I was 9 weeks if we conceived after ovulation instead of before). My hcg levels were 117000 which would help confirm the date. They decreased a week later to 95000 but then stayed the same - actually I think 97000 three days later, so the doctor is concerned about infection even though I feel fine. I did feel some loss of pregnancy symptoms (breasts decreased in size). He also said the sac measured 7 weeks so even though we didn't know anything until 10 weeks we have been waiting 5 weeks (I should be 12 weeks along today). They did 2 us the same day (at 10 weeks) one in the radiology dept that showed all the measurements. I never had trouble with finding the baby in the other pregnancies, so I do believe it is a blighted ovum - due to the changes in hcg. I guess my body is just not recognizing this yet? I am wondering why the meds are not working? I really wanted to wait another week, but now I think we are looking at a d&c. My family was scheduled to go on vacation. I am trying to convince my husband to take the kids because my mom came to help me (we didn't tell them about pregnancy yet - only the oldest would probably understand what's happening anyway and I am glad we spared them the grief.) Despite these last weeks of sadness I do not regret this pregnancy. I think my concern over the physical 'resolution' has taking over my thinking now. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had the meds not work for them? I will start reading up on the d&c to prepare myself. I am glad we were given the option to wait for a couple of weeks - I think I needed that time.
momof4inFL
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: cytotec not working?

Postby jualobataborsi » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:38 am

so I do believe it is a blighted ovum - due to the changes in hcg. I guess my body is just not recognizing this yet? I am wondering why the meds are not working? I really wanted to wait another week, but now I think we are looking at a d&c. My family was scheduled to go on vacation. I am trying to Jual Obat Aborsi Bergaransi convince my husband to take the kids because my mom came to help me (we didn't tell them about pregnancy yet - only the oldest would probably understand what's happening anyway and I am glad we spared them the grief.)
jualobataborsi
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Medical Management