Told I Would Miscarry Again, Previously Misdiagnosed

Told I Would Miscarry Again, Previously Misdiagnosed

Postby Turtele » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:59 pm

Sorry if this is too long of a post...

First I would like to say thank you so much for everything you do, Kay. You are amazing for giving so many women hope and support. This site touches my heart.

To begin, I was diagnosed with PCOS in October of 2011 after suffering from a blighted ovum. I was incorrectly told by a medical doctor that PCOS would prevent me from ovulating, which would not allow me to get pregnant. I stopped my Nuvaring in December, which at that point, I had been using for over two years.

I found out I was pregnant again August 8th and started bleeding the very next day. I was scheduled an ultrasound where they located the heartbeat easily. However, the bleeding had gotten worse. They advised me that I would probably end up needing a D&C. I began passing large clots and my pregnancy symptoms began to disappear. I avoided the doctor's calls knowing that she just wanted to schedule the D&C. Two weeks passed and the bleeding suddenly stopped. We had another ultrasound, this time with a different doctor and discovered our baby was perfect. He is now an energetic and loving four year old.

Wanting a second child, my doctor prescribed me three rounds of Provera. I had only taken the first round in January. And I just found out I am pregnant again on March 29th. Experiencing odd pains - I decided to go to the ER on April 7th to make sure all was well. They informed me that I was 5w2d. It didn't really match my LMP which was on Feb 22nd. In fact, my LMP was not like any others in the past. It had only last for a day and was extremely light. I normally have very heavy and irregular periods that last a minimum of ten days.

Just went to my first prenatal appointment on April 19th and was informed I would need a D&C since they could see a yolk sac with debris in the gestational sac. The doctor said if they saw a yolk sac on the 7th, by the 19th there should be a fetus an heartbeat. I'm having a very hard time accepting this as I was previously given the wrong info while pregnant with my son.

I'm not sure what to do or what to think at this point. Any words of wisdom or advice would be greatly appreciated.

:sos :H
Turtele
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Waiting to Miscarry