Waiting Game, Praying for a Turn Out

Waiting Game, Praying for a Turn Out

Postby moniquas07 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:35 pm

I believe my LMP was 6/5/17. I took a few at home preg. tests the week of 7/5. I went in for my first dr. appt. because of spotting on 7/12 and my HCG was 5,346. I went the next day for a blood test and ultrasound. My HCG levels on 7/13 was 8,000 and they didn't see anything on the ultrasound. The next week I went again for u/s and blood test, HCG levels on 7/17 was 12,610 and still nothing on u/s. Dr. said that since my levels were going up there is still hope. Asked me to come in the next day for another blood test and u/s. On 7/18, my hcg levels was 35,612. They were able to see a gestational sac, and fetal pole, but nothing else. I was then told to come in the next week, by then I should be 7 weeks and they should see something. On 7/25, I went in for a blood test and u/s. My hcg levels were 153,000 and my dr. said with how high my hormones are they should have seen more. However, they suspect me to miscarry. I wanted a second opinion so I scheduled an appt. for 8/8 at a dr. closer to work. I went in for an u/s and they were unable to see what they should be seeing if I was really 9 weeks preg. They suspected I'd miscarry in a couple of days. It's been a week, I've only spotted brown blood and it's only when I wipe after urinating. I've had no cramping and my breasts are still sore. I've scheduled another appt to see a different doctor next week. This will be 3rd opinion. I'm hoping a baby will be seen. If not, I think I will proceed with d&c.
moniquas07
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Waiting Game, Praying for a Turn Out

Postby Kay » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:45 pm

(((hugs))) please let us know how that appointment went.
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Waiting to Miscarry