Sent home to wait on miscarriage- what should I do?

Sent home to wait on miscarriage- what should I do?

Postby JesusSaves » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:45 pm

Hello there

I have had a very devastating day and I have had great help from reading these posts. So here is my story-
I have had 2 miscarriages in the past, one at 7 weeks and one at 5 weeks, both started with cramping and bleeding and managed at home myself. I also have a beautiful 13 month old boy who is a real joy and blessing!!

LMP 12th April 17 (used to have 36+ day cycle but since my son generally between 28-33days)
1st Positive home test 13th May 17
2nd positive home test (because I like to double check) 20th May 17
This pregnancy- lots of nausea in the evenings and LOTS of tiredness, tummy etc filling out.

This morning only when I wiped slight bit of discharge with tiny bit of blood in it, but no cramps or pain or anything else. I phoned early pregnancy clinic & they agreed to see me.

I should be 9 weeks by my dates ... but when she scanned she could see nothing just a bit of bleeding in the womb, internal scan showed some blood in the womb and an empty pregnancy sac measuring at 6ish weeks. She told me this blood means I am about to miscarry but I've read this can mean other things too? I have been told to come home and wait to miscarry, and if I don't miscarry by Tuesday she will give me a tablet or discuss d&c. She said the only hope I could have is that my dates are way off and I had a long cycle but she told me not to be holding on to that hope either. I have had no bloods taken or anything, only the 2 scans today and sent off with a leaflet on dealing with early pregnancy loss.

With my son at my 12 week scan, they couldn't find him at first, left room brought in consultants and lay me completely flat and when they looked and looked they eventually found a wee heartbeat but said I was only measuring 8 weeks and not actually 12 weeks. The long and short is- my dates somehow caught up and my son was born according to my first dates I had thought.

I know God is Soverign and He can work a miracle but I am also preparing myself for the worst.
Still no cramping at all& no bleeding at all, I just feel nauseous and exhausted.
Any thoughts or advice would be greatly welcomed.

Thank you so much for reading :-)
I have been helped so much by all of your stories!!
Laura
JesusSaves
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Sent home to wait on miscarriage- what should I do?

Postby Kay » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:49 pm

Hi Laura. I'[m so sorry you have not received a reply to your message. (((hugs))) to you.
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby JesusSaves » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:42 am

No problem at all....
I had a further scan a week later, my husband and I were holding on to hope but there was no change... the sac had just reduced in size and shape....
I was booked for the procedure yesterday but I miscarried naturally at home on Friday. Most emotional day yet with the finality of it all but thankful no procedure needed. Hospital took remains to biopsy as this is 3rd miscarriage.
All the best to everyone else
JesusSaves
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:50 pm

I am so very sorry for your loss. I hope they are able to find some reason this keeps happening. Take heart. We've had women on here who have had multiple miscarriages and they've gone on to carry to term. (((hugs))) and saying a prayer for you.
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Waiting to Miscarry