Told at 12 weeks blighted ovum, found baby at 18 weeks!

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Postby tripleb » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:31 am

hi shelley!
your story gives me hope. i have been to the doctor's for 2 ultrasounds already and she has not found anything although i did get positive results with a pregnancy test until now and have most of the pregnancy symptoms. biggest thing though is that there hasn't been any trace of any sac or whatever to be seen when she does a transvaginal ultrasound. i'm scheduled for the 21st for another ultrasound. but since my last visit i have been waiting to miscarry. so since there are no signs of blood or cramping i'm still hopeful that they will find my baby soon in the ultrasound.... thank you for sharing your story!
tripleb
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby ladybuggy » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:26 pm

That is the most amazing story I've ever heard!!!! It gives me hope! My levels aren't doubling and I have my 2nd u/s tomorrow to see if I truly have blighted ovum. I'm praying I have a miracle like you!!!!!

:H Shannon
Mommy to Katelyn 7-7-06

Had D&C for blighted ovum 2-28-07

Natural m/c of second blighted ovum 5-25-07
ladybuggy
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Saz » Tue May 22, 2007 6:57 pm

I actually just posted a forum in the miscarriage area. i am 11weks n 3 days pregnant, n had my first dr vsit including u/s yesterday. saw the baby, bt found no heartbeat. did two more ultrasounds, but that was all they did before sending me over to find out my options on how to "take care of it". my big thing is i don't feel like it's over, i still feel pregnant, n i still have most the symptoms. haven't had any cramping or bleeding, n they said the baby stopped developing at 10 weeks, n were shocked that i hadn't bleed or anything. i'm soo confused on what to do. i read stories like yours that give me hope that they were wrong, but still not sure what to do, as my hospital will not refer me to another dr for a second opinion, n not sure if insurance will cover if we decide to try another opinion anyways....i'm so lost...
Saz
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby baby123 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:34 pm

than you Shelley for your story. it brought tears to my eyes. I really want to hold on to the hope that everything will be okay. I dont know if I have a tilted uterus. Never had a problem see babies in previous pregnancies. This time at 8 week they saw a pregnancy sac with no baby. My doc did not use the term BO, but after researching myself I came to learn that this is what sounds like is happening to me. I feel very pregnant. I know b/c I have had m/c in that past that i should brace myself and accept it. But I have a nagging feeling that something is not right. I have not had spotting or cramping. My symptoms are still here. I think Monday I will ask my doc to do HCG levels on me. I hope my story turns out like yours. Even though you had such ups and downs it was all worth it in the end. Congratulations :)8
Baby123
baby123
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby TeacherKim » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:50 pm

this is a great story... it gives me hope... thanks so much for sharing...
TeacherKim
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby jasmine1 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:09 pm

That's an amazing story...my doc said I may have a bo too...Dont know yet....waiting for my US result on monday
jasmine1
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby porkpie1981 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:58 pm

I cant stop reading this story. I think i must read it every day! lol :H

Its really a miracle, keeps my hopes up :)
porkpie1981
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby jasmine1 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:41 am

Yours is a lovely and wonderful story..
felt so great reading it...
congratulations for your baby girl.. :)
jasmine1
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby lisasaid » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:13 pm

9weeks no baby and no sac
lisasaid
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Nita » Mon May 26, 2008 11:59 pm

Wow!!! I was confused but after knowing your story I have decided not to go for D&C unless things goes extremely wrong. I am 9 weeks pregnant with a empty gestational sac.
Nita
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby bcgurl » Sat May 31, 2008 11:16 am

WOW ... I had no idea. I had my first u/s at 12w 5d at which time we could see no baby. I asked for a second u/s which is schedule for 2 days from now (I'll be 13w 2d at the time) and never thought there was a chance of a hiding baby, or an error, until I read this post for 2005 (it's 2008 now!).

While I have no idea of the outcome, at least I can get through the next few days with a *glimmer* of hope.

thank you!
bcgurl
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby tryingfor3 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:49 pm

WOOOOOOOOOOOOW! Congrats!
tryingfor3
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Told at 12 weeks blighted ovum, found baby at 18 weeks!

Postby AshleyAE » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:14 am

Shelley wrote:Hi Everyone,
I just found this website by accident and I thought I'd share my story. It's very long so I apologize in advance! I hope I don't bore you to tears.

In September 1995 I got married. My husband and I decided that after the wedding we wanted to try to start a family. We ended up pregnant by January of 1996. We were so excited until at about 8 weeks I started hemmoraging and went to the hospital. They did an U/S and determined that I had lost the baby. I had to have an emergency D&C because of the bleeding. They told us we should wait 3 months before trying again and that most likely next time would be fine. Most people go on to have a healthy pregnancy after a miscarriage. We did exactly as told and 4 months later we got pregnant again! This time we were really nervous and rightfully so. At about 8 weeks I ended up losing that baby too. That time I miscarried naturally and didn't need a D&C. My doctor still didn't want to do any testing because they like to wait until you've had 3 miscarriages. We tried for a year to get pregnant again but my cycles were messed up. I would go 4 or more months without any sign of a period. They finally determined that I was not ovulating so rather that go on fertility meds and risk a multiple birth & another loss we just decided to adopt. In 1998 we adopted a beautiful baby boy. He's been great ever since and we love having him!

From about 1997 until February 2004 my husband and I went on with life as usual. Never using any kind of protection while having sex because we figured I wasn't able to conceive. Last year in March of 2004 I suddenly started feeling extremely sick. After vomiting for 2 weeks I went to my family doctor and told her I couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. She asked if it was possible that I was pregnant. I said "No, I don't ovulate" She did a blood pregnancy test anyway. The next day she called me and said that I was pregnant and by my HCG levels she would guess about 6 weeks along. I was thrilled but scared. We decided to tell our families but we told them not to get too excited yet. I scheduled an appointment with my OB/GYN for about 2 weeks later when I should have been around 8 weeks. He decided to schedule an U/S to date the pregnancy. The U/S tech told us that she saw nothing but not to worry because it was early and I had an extremely tilted uterus. They scheduled another U/S for 2 weeks later. We said OK and went home. 2 weeks later we went in hoping to see a baby and once again she saw nothing.They scheduled another U/S for 2 weeks later and meanwhile they drew blood to check my HCG levels for 1 week. Even though my levels were rising they were no where near doubling so I was told to expect another miscarriage. I was upset but prepared. 2 weeks later I went in and had my U/S (this time it was done at the hospital where they had better machines) Unfortunately the U/S lady there also saw nothing. She said I should have been about 12 weeks and since my levels weren't rising like they should have been my body most likely reabsorbed the baby. She told me at 12 weeks even with a tilted uterus she would have seen something. I was so upset that I cried for days. We told our families that we lost this baby too.
For the next few weeks I tried to lose the belly fat I had gained while I was pregnant. I was dieting and exercising. It wouln't do away. I started getting heartburn all the time and I suddenly got a terrible Urinary Tract Infection. About 6 weeks after the horrible 12 week U/S I went to the doctor for the UTI. While asking questions she asked about my LMP. I told her I din't have one since before I was pregnant. She said OK. I told her about my body reabsorbing the baby and I also complained of constant heartburn. I mentioned that I couldn't seem to lose the weight either. In fact I had gained weight and my jeans would not even fit anymore. She said she wondered if somehow I got pregnant again immediately after I lost the baby even though I never even had any bleeding at all. She did another pregnancy test and felt my stomach. She said my uterus was very large and she thought the test would be positive. She called the next day and confirmed that I was pregnant. She scheduled an ultrasound at the hospital for the next day and when I got there I didn't know what to expect! The U/S lady took me into the room and as soon as she started the U/S she told me that there was a baby in there. She dated the pregnancy and I was 18 weeks and 6 days!!! I couldn't believe it! I even found out it was a girl that day! I was so excited to go home and call my family and say that my body did NOT reabsorb the baby! No wonder I couldn't lose weight! LOL The U/S tech told me that the only reason that she could think of that they couldn't see the baby was that my uterus was extremely tilted! They never did understand why my HCG levels wouldn't double! Anyway, In November of 2004 I delivered a healthy 6 lb. 10 oz baby girl by C-Section!
Another good thing that came out of this is now my cycles seem to be back to normal! I am ovulating every month again!! My husband and I are thinking of trying for 1 more next year but I will refuse any ultrasound until at least 18 weeks!

Sorry, It was such a long story but I just want all of you ladies to know!!! NEVER, NEVER, NEVER Give up hope!!

Shelley

That's an amazing story! If you hadn't had that UTI then you might've ended up not knowing you were still pregnant until you went into labor. My HCG levels are going up but not doubling right now and my doctor keeps saying it "doesn't look good". I'm going to wait for the next ultrasound (I'm 12wks2days since LMP) but I'm not sure how long to wait. I don't know if I can wait another six weeks, lol.
AshleyAE
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby nicole729 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:43 pm

This was very awesome to read. I pray for the same miracle!
For you created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made: My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in the secret place. PSALMS 139: 13-16
nicole729
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby madmeri31 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:46 pm

i just got back from the docs and ur story is so similar to mine..i had my 12 week appointment..and they saw no baby but a sac..i have so much hope that the baby is ok..they havent said blighted ovum for sure or not...but i hope next week they see it..tilted uterus run in my family..ur story gave me hope and is keeping me from giving up..thank u so much =]
madmeri31
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby CutieYch » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:33 am

Hi there Shelly! This is an inspiring story for me.. I had a blighted ovum 6 months ago and I had had D&C the first time because I bled so much.
And now I am 9 weeks pregnant and i had my 2nd U/S already and there is no baby found inside me. I am about and thinking to have a D&C this week. I am worried about the effect of the blighted ovum in me that's why I tried to do research and I accidentally found this forum.
And now I am wanting to postpone the D&C process hoping to find a baby in my womb after several weeks. I have question though will my health not be harmed if I wait a little much longer?
Thank you for the answers..
CutieYch
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby CutieYch » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:36 am

Shelley wrote:Hi Everyone,
I just found this website by accident and I thought I'd share my story. It's very long so I apologize in advance! I hope I don't bore you to tears.

In September 1995 I got married. My husband and I decided that after the wedding we wanted to try to start a family. We ended up pregnant by January of 1996. We were so excited until at about 8 weeks I started hemmoraging and went to the hospital. They did an U/S and determined that I had lost the baby. I had to have an emergency D&C because of the bleeding. They told us we should wait 3 months before trying again and that most likely next time would be fine. Most people go on to have a healthy pregnancy after a miscarriage. We did exactly as told and 4 months later we got pregnant again! This time we were really nervous and rightfully so. At about 8 weeks I ended up losing that baby too. That time I miscarried naturally and didn't need a D&C. My doctor still didn't want to do any testing because they like to wait until you've had 3 miscarriages. We tried for a year to get pregnant again but my cycles were messed up. I would go 4 or more months without any sign of a period. They finally determined that I was not ovulating so rather that go on fertility meds and risk a multiple birth & another loss we just decided to adopt. In 1998 we adopted a beautiful baby boy. He's been great ever since and we love having him!

From about 1997 until February 2004 my husband and I went on with life as usual. Never using any kind of protection while having sex because we figured I wasn't able to conceive. Last year in March of 2004 I suddenly started feeling extremely sick. After vomiting for 2 weeks I went to my family doctor and told her I couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. She asked if it was possible that I was pregnant. I said "No, I don't ovulate" She did a blood pregnancy test anyway. The next day she called me and said that I was pregnant and by my HCG levels she would guess about 6 weeks along. I was thrilled but scared. We decided to tell our families but we told them not to get too excited yet. I scheduled an appointment with my OB/GYN for about 2 weeks later when I should have been around 8 weeks. He decided to schedule an U/S to date the pregnancy. The U/S tech told us that she saw nothing but not to worry because it was early and I had an extremely tilted uterus. They scheduled another U/S for 2 weeks later. We said OK and went home. 2 weeks later we went in hoping to see a baby and once again she saw nothing.They scheduled another U/S for 2 weeks later and meanwhile they drew blood to check my HCG levels for 1 week. Even though my levels were rising they were no where near doubling so I was told to expect another miscarriage. I was upset but prepared. 2 weeks later I went in and had my U/S (this time it was done at the hospital where they had better machines) Unfortunately the U/S lady there also saw nothing. She said I should have been about 12 weeks and since my levels weren't rising like they should have been my body most likely reabsorbed the baby. She told me at 12 weeks even with a tilted uterus she would have seen something. I was so upset that I cried for days. We told our families that we lost this baby too.
For the next few weeks I tried to lose the belly fat I had gained while I was pregnant. I was dieting and exercising. It wouln't do away. I started getting heartburn all the time and I suddenly got a terrible Urinary Tract Infection. About 6 weeks after the horrible 12 week U/S I went to the doctor for the UTI. While asking questions she asked about my LMP. I told her I din't have one since before I was pregnant. She said OK. I told her about my body reabsorbing the baby and I also complained of constant heartburn. I mentioned that I couldn't seem to lose the weight either. In fact I had gained weight and my jeans would not even fit anymore. She said she wondered if somehow I got pregnant again immediately after I lost the baby even though I never even had any bleeding at all. She did another pregnancy test and felt my stomach. She said my uterus was very large and she thought the test would be positive. She called the next day and confirmed that I was pregnant. She scheduled an ultrasound at the hospital for the next day and when I got there I didn't know what to expect! The U/S lady took me into the room and as soon as she started the U/S she told me that there was a baby in there. She dated the pregnancy and I was 18 weeks and 6 days!!! I couldn't believe it! I even found out it was a girl that day! I was so excited to go home and call my family and say that my body did NOT reabsorb the baby! No wonder I couldn't lose weight! LOL The U/S tech told me that the only reason that she could think of that they couldn't see the baby was that my uterus was extremely tilted! They never did understand why my HCG levels wouldn't double! Anyway, In November of 2004 I delivered a healthy 6 lb. 10 oz baby girl by C-Section!
Another good thing that came out of this is now my cycles seem to be back to normal! I am ovulating every month again!! My husband and I are thinking of trying for 1 more next year but I will refuse any ultrasound until at least 18 weeks!

Sorry, It was such a long story but I just want all of you ladies to know!!! NEVER, NEVER, NEVER Give up hope!!

Shelley

Hi there Shelly! This is an inspiring story for me.. I had a blighted ovum 6 months ago and I had had D&C the first time because I bled so much.
And now I am 9 weeks pregnant and i had my 2nd U/S already and there is no baby found inside me. I am about and thinking to have a D&C this week. I am worried about the effect of the blighted ovum in me that's why I tried to do research and I accidentally found this forum.
And now I am wanting to postpone the D&C process hoping to find a baby in my womb after several weeks. I have question though will my health not be harmed if I wait a little much longer?
Thank you for the answers..
CutieYch
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child
Previous

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories